Shakespeare Unlocked: Learn Classical Acting
What you'll learn
- Perform a Shakespearean monologue with confidence and clarity
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses as a performer through individualised feedback on your performance
- Know how to approach a Shakespearean monologue or text, analyse it and understand it
- Learn how to warm up your body and voice to perform anywhere
- Bring clarity of thought and expression to your classical and contemporary acting
- Speak Shakespeare and be understood by your audiences
- Learn how to be focused and free from distraction on stage
- No knowledge is required
- It is recommended to know a Shakespeare verse monologue off by heart - but if you don't, don't worry. I will recommend some choices which you can then learn along the way.
- A pen, paper, and ideally a camera (for example, your smartphone camera)
Do you want to be an actor? Are you an experienced contemporary actor looking for some help with classical texts? Or, have you stepped on stage so many times that you're feeling lost for inspiration and need a fresh perspective to bring your performance to life?
If so, this course is for you. In this course, experienced performer and teacher Linda Taimre takes you through how to use your body and your voice to express yourself on stage. While the focus is on Shakespearean text, the methods and techniques that Linda teaches are foundational to all types of acting.
After this course, you will feel confident to tackle any Shakespearean monologue or scene. You will know how to bring your performance to life and have it filled with emotion, truth, and your own vibrant presence.
Start today and take your acting to the next level.
Who this course is for:
- People who are completely new to acting
- Contemporary actors who don't have experience in Shakespeare
- Film/TV actors who don't have experience on stage
- Experienced actors who are looking for a fresh perspective on their craft
Linda Taimre is an experienced instructor and coach with a unique background: not only did she train at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, but she also has a degree in psychology. It's this combination of performance and psychology that makes Linda's coaching special.
Her extensive acting experience in the UK and Australia means she knows the ins and outs of voice training and speaking on stage. Her psychology training means she understands the inner workings of personality and how people think. She uses both elements of her training to help students improve their vocal and speaking skills to become more engaging and confident.