Learning Scratch by Doing - Beginner Level
What you'll learn
- Build Scratch programs on their own
- Change the scene background
- Add several sprites to a scene
- Program sprites to perform actions with scripts
- Change sprite costumes
- Use scripts to move sprites, change their size and apply effects
- Make sprites react on keyboard events
- Hide and show sprites
- Use repeat and if blocks
- Check if two spites touch each other
- Play sounds
- Send messages from one sprite to another
- Generate and use random values
- Create a "bullet" effect
This course uses a practical approach to learn you programming with Scratch.
You will learn basics of Scratch while creating interesting and fun projects.
We will guide you through projects that show basic programming concepts and techniques in practice. Working on such projects develops creativity and algorithmic thinking.
The course is suitable for people of all ages, who want to learn Scratch. No previous knowledge of programming is required.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to code
Our name "Examples First" is inspired by a philosophy we stand by.
Our primary goal is to teach by showing examples. We do that even for complex concepts.
We show examples before explaining. This approach often makes explaining superfluous.
If you value your time, you will surely like our courses.
Hope that you will find our courses useful!