Learning Path: VMware vSphere Unlocked
What you'll learn
- Understand vCenter and Platform Services Controller
- Learn about virtual networking with vSwitches and VMKernel interfaces
- Learn about scalable storage access with NFS and iSCSI
- Protect your virtual machines with high availability and fault tolerance
- Deep dive into the latest features of VMware vSphere 6
- Explore the best practices for application virtualization in vSphere 6
- Back up, recover, and troubleshoot your vSphere 6 deployment
- A good understanding of networking and network services such as DNS, Active Directory, and TCP/IP.
VMware vSphere 6 is a powerful server virtualization platform that enables optimized performance, efficiency, and availability for your infrastructure. VMware vSphere Unlocked is a Learning Path provides the information that meets the objectives specified in the blueprint for the VMware VCP6-DCV certification program.
Packt’s Video Learning Paths are a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
This Learning Path will help you make most of the core features in vSphere. We will begin with exploring the essential concepts of virtualization like ESXi and DCUI interfaces. We will then move on to see how vSphere works with virtual machines. We will learn how to enhance and monitor vSphere performance by optimizing our virtual environment and solving performance issues. We will also see how to upgrade our legacy vSphere to the latest version along with troubleshooting techniques. This Learning Path will empower you to virtualize any application with ease as we will be covering all the latest enhancements and advanced functionalities of vSphere hypervisor, virtual machines, vCenter Server virtual storage, and security.
By the end of the Learning Path, you will gain expertise in VMware vSphere 6 and virtualize any application with ease for your enterprise.
About the Authors
For this course, we have combined the best works of these esteemed authors:
Glen Martin has over 20 years' experience in enterprise IT operations and architecture and technical training, and over 10 years' vSphere experience in environments of all sizes.
Atindra Chaturvedi is a certified VMware Advanced Professional in Data Center Design (VCAP-DCD) and Data Center Administration (VCAP-DCA) which speak to his advanced knowledge of the vSphere virtual data center design and hands-on ability to operate the advanced tools available in the environment. He is currently certified Cisco Network Professional Routing & Switching (CCNP-R&S) and Data Center (CCNP-Data Center) which gives him the advanced knowledge of networking and design and hands-on configuration of all aspects of data center equipment. He currently holds network virtualization (VCP-NV) and Cloud (VCP-Cloud) certifications from VMware, and is a Brocade Certified Engineer Network Functions Virtualization.
He has more than 18 years of commercial data center experience and has authored courses on vSphere networking, vSphere networking design, VMware NSX, and VMware NSX design.
Who this course is for:
- Virtualization administrators, system engineers, and virtualization consultants who are new to VMware data center technology and vSphere.
- If you have prior experience with vSphere 5.x, you will learn how to use the new features to your advantage.
- Experienced vSphere administrators who want to prepare for the VMware VCP6-DCV certification exam
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.