Learning Path: R: Master R Data Analysis and Visualization
What you'll learn
- Import and export data in various formats in R
- Perform advanced statistical data analysis
- Visualize your data on Google or Open Street maps
- Create simple and quick visualizations using the basic graphic tools in R
- Implement interactive visualizations using ggplot2.
- Add elements, text, animation, and colors to your plot to make sense of data
- Master network, radial, and coxcomb plots
- Basic programming knowledge of R
- Basic knowledge of Math and Statistics
R is one of the most comprehensible statistical tool for managing and manipulating data. With the ever increasing number of data, there is a very high demand of professionals who have got skills to analyze these data. If you're looking forward to becoming an expert data analyst, then go for this Learning Path.
Packt’s Video Learning Paths are a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
The highlights of this Learning Path are:
- Manipulate and analyze small and large sets of data with R
- Practice with real-world examples of data analysis and visualization
Let’s take a quick look at your learning journey! This Learning Path begins with familiarizing you with the programming and statistics aspects of R. You will learn how CRAN works and why to use it. Acquire the ability to conduct data analysis in practical contexts with R, using core language packages and tools. You will then generate various plots in R using the basic R plotting techniques. Learn how to make plots, charts, and maps in step-by-step manner. Utilize R packages to add context and meaning to your data.
Moving ahead, the Learning Path will gradually take you through creating interactive maps using the googleVis package. Finally, you will generate chloropleth maps and contouring maps, bubble plots, and pie charts.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will be equipped with all data analysis and visualization techniques and build a strong foundation for moving into data science.
About the Author:
We have combined the best works of the following esteemed authors to ensure that your learning journey is smooth:
- Dr. Samik Sen is a theoretical physicist and loves thinking about hard problems. After his PH.D. in developing computational methods to solve problems for which no solutions existed, he began thinking about how to tackle math problems while lecturing. He has a YouTube channel associated with data science, which also provides a valuable engagement with people round the world who look at problems from a different perspective.
- Fabio Veronesi obtained a Ph.D. in digital soil mapping from Cranfield University and then moved to ETH Zurich, where he has been working for the past three years as a postdoc. In his career, Dr. Veronesi worked at several topics related to environmental research: digital soil mapping, cartography and shaded relief, renewable energy and transmission line siting. During this time, he specialized in the application of spatial statistical techniques to environmental data.
- Atmajit Singh Gohil works as a senior consultant at a consultancy firm in New York City. After graduating, he worked in the financial industry as a Fixed Income Analyst. He writes about data manipulation, data exploration, visualization, and basic R plotting functions on his blog. He has a master's degree in financial economics from the State University of New York (SUNY), Buffalo. He also graduated with a Master of Arts degree in economics from the University of Pune, India.
Who this course is for:
- This Learning Path is aimed at aspiring or professional statisticians, data analysts, or data scientists who want to analyze and visualize data for gaining deeper insights of it.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.