Learning Path: Bots: Real-World Bots with the Bot Framework
What you'll learn
- Understand the basics of Bot
- Explore the Microsoft Bot Framework
- Code your own bot
- Learn to use the Bot Emulator for debugging
- Add conversational logic using LUIS
- Deploy your bots to various channels
- No prior knowledge of the Bot Framework is needed as the Learning Path covers concepts from scratch.
- Basic knowledge of Azure would be beneficial.
Bots are the latest trend these days and has become part of our daily lives. Today's bots can help us find restaurants, order food, shop for clothes, and so on. The Microsoft Bot Framework provides just what you need to build and connect intelligent bots that interact naturally wherever your users are talking. Startups such as Slack have built a billion dollar business around bots. So, if you're interested to know how to build such cool bots, then this Learning Path is for you.
Packt’s Video Learning Paths are a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it. The highlights of this Learning Path are:
- Build user-friendly bots
- Understand LUIS and deploy bots to different channels
Let's take a quick look at your learning journey. This Learning Path will teach you everything you need to know in order to build interactive and conversational bots using solid and well tested APIs. Starting with the basics of the Bot Framework, you will dive deeper into the various aspects of building more advanced conversational agents. Then you will learn how to add conversational logic to a bot by using LUIS. You will also explore the LUIS user interface and build a demo bot using LUIS. Finally, you will learn to publish your bot to Azure as well as deploy them on different channels.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will be able to build your own bots with Microsoft’s Bot Framework.
Meet Your Expert:
We have the best works of the following esteemed author to ensure that your learning journey is smooth:
- Eduardo Freitas deliver, support, and help create world-class software solutions that automate critical business processes, extract and process vasts amount of data, improve efficiency and slash operating costs by thousands. He's an expert in data capture, extraction, big data, and business process automation and helps customers save thousands and slash costs by a factor of 70% or more.
- Victoria Clark is a financial management consultant with a background in finance projects and systems, especially facilitating workshops and education on new developments, and has a great interest in new technologies.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to create a new service with a great bot interface or enable an existing service with a great bot interface.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.