Learning modes on guitar
- You'll need to have your own guitar
- Know a little about basic guitar improv
- You'll need to know the difference between a tone (whole step) and a semitone (half step)
This short course is for guitarists who want to get to know understand identify and use modes without too much unnecessary mathematical concept. I'm a huge believer that understanding modes is about training your ear just as much as it is about studying scale construction, and I'm hoping that I teach an even balance of the two. If you are tired of being stuck in pentatonic solo boxes during jams and solo's then this course is for you. Thanks a lot and drop me an inbox if you have any queries.
Who this course is for:
- Guitarists who want to solo outside of pentatonic boxes
- Lead guitarists
- Guitarists above beginner standard
- 00:43Intro part 2... Welcome aboard!
- 00:39What are modes?
- 00:12Lecture 4
- 02:57Let's get started
- 05:19Parralels and relatives
- 19:03How to learn play use and identify the seven diatonic modes
I'm Tom Golsmith. 25 year old grade 8 pro guitarist and online and offline guitar teacher and function musician. I have been playing for most of my life and am partial to genres such as rock, metal, fusion and classical. I'm from Bucks county in the United Kingdom and I play electric and acoustic.