Learning Linux with Ubuntu and CentOS: The Easy Way
- If you can operate Windows then all you need is the passion to learn these amazing Linux based Operating Systems
In 2001, when I started my career as Telecom Professional, I could barely manage MS Windows. All I knew was how to Power it on and do basic tasks like making Presentation, Word Document and take print outs. Oh Yea! I could also make my way into putting on Video CDs and playing occasional games (NFS, FIFA). Since then, a lot has changed in the world of Operating Systems and in turn for me as well. After my first interaction with Linux in 2002, I've continued on this path and every day, my passion for Linux just gets deeper.
If you are also searching for an alternate Operating System with decades of developments, a system that does not do funny things (read annoying), where ending a process really mean killing it, which is extremely fast to boot and shutdown, which does not invite world of malwares, viruses and Trojans, a system that has got a highly thriving and vibrant community, and which is Free to use and distribute, then my friends Welcome! to the World of Linux.
In this course, I will show you two major flavors (distributions) of Linux, Ubuntu and CentOS. You will be able to:
1. Install and Manage Ubuntu
2. Install and Manage CentOS
3. How to update your system
4. Use everyday / common applications
5. Become a NIX user in just couple of hours
6. Just have fun with your new OS
((First step towards LPIC-1 certification training course that I've uploaded here on Udemy ))
This course is general purpose and is suitable for anyone and everyone. Whether you are a student, a techie or a businessman with little to nil knowledge of Operating Systems, I will take your hand and help you in your journey to the Awesome World of Linux that operates “From wristwatches to supercomputers,”. So, without further delay, click on take this course and join the ride.
- This course is for anybody and everybody who own a PC / laptop
- Preparing The Virtual Machine for Ubuntu 14.04
- Partitioning the Disk and Installation Steps
- First Boot - Orientation of Desktop and Common Applications
- Manage Internet Settings|Software Center|File Transfer and Remote Access
- Wine For Windows Apps and Ubuntu Firewall
- Preparing the Virtual Machine for CentOS 7 and Installation
- First Boot - Orientation of Desktop and Common tasks
- File Transfer | Firewall | VirtualBox Guest Additions
- Handy Everyday Commands
- Commands handout
- Bonus Lecture: Whats Next
Mr. Ahmad Nadeem has a Bachelors in Telecom Engineering and a Masters in Engineering Management. He has been working in multiple roles focusing on different technologies in both private and public sector for over 14 years now. In his early years of professional life, he developed aptitude towards IP based networks and gradually that became as his core field. He likes to work on latest technologies including virtualization and cloud computing. He is also an ardent supporter of Opensource systems and likes to implement technology based on Opensource platforms. When he is not busy doing tech stuff, he likes to cook and just spend time with his family and friends.