What you'll learn
- Set up a development environment with all the necessary software to develop Flask apps
- Create robust databases with PostgreSQL to safely store user data for your dynamic websites
- Build an authentication and authorization system using Flask-Login and Flask-Oauth to protect your pages from improper access
- Use Flask extensions such as Flask-Gravatar, Flask SSLify, and more to add a wide range of functionalities to your app
- Integrate the Wikipedia API to build a location-based service
- Some basic familiarity with Python will help you understand the code more easily.
With a growing skills gap, the need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in building apps with a framework as minimalistic, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask will be a useful skill to launch you on a career as an entrepreneur or web developer. Flask is a Python micro-framework that makes web application development as easy as saying it.
This course will give you a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience you require to successfully build web apps with Flask.
We'll start by turning your computer into a modern development machine. Next, we'll move beyond static websites and develop a powerful database-backed dynamic Flask app. We won’t stop there, because we’ll also cover how to implement a full authentication system.
Finally, we'll extend the app's functionality by learning how to integrate it with third-party APIs.
When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps.
This course uses Flask 0.10, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Flask.
About the Author
Lalith Polepeddi has been working with Flask since discovering it to be an easy way to learn about web development. He's written about Flask for Tuts+ and TechPro. Aside from Flask, Lalith is interested in applying computer science to address problems in parallel domains, such as biology.
Who this course is for:
- This video course is for new developers who want to explore Flask and build custom web applications quickly and easily.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.