Learning Express Web Application Development
What you'll learn
- Manage dependencies and automate common tasks effectively with Node.js and NPM
- Use the Jade template and keep your markup clean and simple
- Utilize CSS pre-processors such as Stylus, Sass, and Less to speed up your app’s CSS development
- Get the best storage features with a fast document-based database, for example, MongoDB, and MongooseJS, a powerful yet easy to use library
- Enable authentication using standard measures and extend it to allow Facebook or Twitter logins
- Create modules to keep your code clean, reusable, and easy to manage
- Incorporate test-driven development tools to automate the testing of your application
- Create RESTful services compatible with client-side MVC libraries such as Angular, Backbone, and Ember
- Get a lot more with additional popular tools such as Socket.io, SailsJS, and the Ghost blogging platform
This course will guide you through building a real-world web application using NodeJS, Express, and MongoDB.
You’ll start with using the Jade template library and Bootstrap framework to create clean and maintainable code for your app. You will then see how to put MongoDB to work, store data for your app, and incorporate best-practices such as modularization. You’ll go beyond the basics to include authentication, test-driven-development, and powerful time-saving tools to get the app ready for deploying. You will also explore CSS preprocessors and create RESTful services that make the best of MVC libraries and add that extra edge to your app.
After completing this series, you’ll be ready to start building and deploying web applications of your own.
About the Author
Matthew Nuzum has been developing web applications since 1999 and worked for several start-ups including Canonical, makers of Ubuntu, as well as Fortune 500 companies. He has a passion for helping others learn new technologies and has written numerous tutorials and help documents as well as running a web-focused user group based in his hometown of Des Moines.
Who this course is for:
- This course is the ultimate guide for those developers who are looking to build web apps with minimal effort and without getting into the intricacies of NodeJS.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.