Learning Essential Soft Skills ( Children & Students )
What you'll learn
- Meaning of the term, "Soft Skills" and the importance of these skills
- Difference between Hard Skills and Soft Skills
- Building self confidence and self esteem at home, school & workplace by applying these skills in your lives
- Understanding the importance of Soft Skills at School
- Understanding the importance of Soft Skills at Workplace
- Get a good understanding of developing Soft Skills at home
- Demonstration of - How soft skills like listening, speaking, problem solving & self esteem can be developed by Picture reading, Storytelling etc
- No prior knowledge of essential skills
- Curiosity to learn about soft and hard skills
Children from infancy to adulthood learn and develop various skills and enhance the same at home, school and workplace. They learn to communicate with people around them and become socially active. As parents and educators we should focus on teaching soft skills and the 4C's of learning to our children.
Soft skills are personality traits and behaviours you display in different situations. These are a combination of people skills, social skills, character or personality traits, attitudes, social and emotional intelligence. Interpersonal and communication skills are more specific categories of soft skills that many employers look for in job candidates. There are many soft skills that you can list on your resume, cover letter or while filling a college/ university application.
Some important Soft Skills are :
Soft skills are needed everywhere and specifically when applying for a job opening or interaction at school, home or workplace. It makes a difference when we mention about soft skills in writing a college application and applying for a job opening. Now a days big corporates are looking for candidates with good communication, stress management and problem solving skills.
There is a difference between hard and soft skills. Hard skills are learned abilities acquired and enhanced through practice, repetition and education. Some examples of hard skills are a degree or a certificate, typing speed, book keeping, knowledge of MS office application, LAN, HTML etc, writing and learning different foreign languages. Soft skills on the other hand are personality traits like attitudes, actions etc which can not be measured and are developed with time.
Who this course is for:
- Students, Job Seeking Candidates, Professionals & Educators
Hi I am Veenu
Educational Consultant, Curriculum planner & Educator with over twelve years of experience in Early Childhood Education with a passion for teaching and learning with children. I truly believe in learning happens everyday and yes, you learn from children as well. They have taught me more about myself and that happiness exists in little things.
Teaching at various institutions in India and through Parent Education Program in US, I have developed various modules for Teacher Enrichment Programs for early childhood and primary educators.
My specialised modules include:
• The Art of Storytelling
• Circle Time Made Fun
• Classroom Learning Centres
• Classroom Learning Stations ( Early Years)
• The Science of Parenting
• Making PYP Happen
• Lesson Planning
• Classroom Strategies for Effective Teaching
• Learning Essential Soft Skills ( Children & Students)