Learning AWS Lambda
- 3 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Design and implement serverless application architectures with Amazon Lambda, API Gateway Service, DynamoDB, S3, and CloudFront.
- Leverage the Serverless Framework to build complex applications.
- Learn to program, deploy, and test Lambda functions with Node.js, Java, Python, and C# (the focus is on Node.js)
We install the serverless framework and try out the command-line interface (CLI).
Learn how to build a simple web application using the serverless framework and Node.js.
We will explore the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse and use it to create a boilerplate Java Lambda function.
We will create our first Python Lambda function from a blueprint in the AWS Management Console.
We will explore the AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio and use it to create a boilerplate C# Lambda function.
- No prior knowledge of AWS is necessary.
- This video course is primarily for IT architects and developers who want to build scalable systems and deploy serverless applications with AWS Lambda. No prior knowledge of AWS is necessary. This course provides a developer-friendly tutorial with step-by-step instructions that introduces the viewer to programming AWS Lambda with Node.js, Java, Python, and C#. Moreover, viewers will learn how to deploy and test Lambda functions, and how to set up and use the serverless framework.
Amazon Lambda is the part of Amazon Web Services that lets you run your code without provisioning or managing servers. Amazon Lambda is a compute service that enables you to deploy applications and back-end services that operate with zero upfront cost and require no system administration. This video tutorial will start with the basics of Amazon Lambda and will then walk you through combining Lambda with other Amazon Web Services, such as Amazon API Gateway Service, Amazon DynamoDB, and so on. Moving on, this tutorial will show you how to write, run, and test Lambda functions using Node.js, Java, Python, and C#. Moreover, you will learn how to use its serverless framework to increase your development productivity.
About the Authors
Markus Klems is an expert on software development and system administration for scalable, high-availability and high-performance software systems, such as big data, mobile, web application, and Software-as-a-Service systems. In the context of his research and development work at TU Berlin and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Markus has gained in-depth knowledge and experience with complex and large-scale IT systems. Markus has been working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) since 2008 and is particularly excited about emerging technology trends in the realms of serverless computing and serverless microservice architectures.
- This video is primarily for IT architects and developers who want to build scalable systems and deploy serverless applications with AWS Lambda.