Learning ASP.NET Web API
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Take a closer look at the redesigned ASP.Net 5
- Understand the REST basics and its constraints through real-life examples
- Walk through the building blocks of ASP.NET Web API with scenario-based examples
- Implement various data transfer operations and content negotiation
- Deploy security techniques in your application to avoid threats
- Be guided through advanced topics such as dependency Injection, API versioning, and HTTP caching to build a maintainable application
- Get tips and best practices to write better, highly scalable, and performant Web API services
This video aims to provide the viewers their first hands-on experience on ASP.NET Web API projects with Visual Studio, including setting up the infrastructure, exposing the first API, serialization, and routing.
This video talks about HTTP verbs and their importance in Web API.
Retrieve inner resources directly and discuss URI mapping.
This video discusses dependency injection. Get to know how ASP.NET Core supports caching and its default DI container.
What are the clients and platforms to consume the API? What is the best way to consume an MVC client and how to retrieve the resources?
Know why URI design is required and best practices around it such as resource identification, its form, unique resource selection, and related resources.
- This example-based video guide is full of pictorial presentations of the core concepts. It contains real-life scenario-based practical examples, and clear step-by-step instructions, as well as tips and best practices.
Revolutionary changes in the mobile world introduced various type of devices such as smart phones, tablets, and IoT devices, all connected to a network based on a HTTP protocol and HTML 5. This lead to a big push to build REST-based services that expose data over HTTP with content negotiation techniques that can be seamlessly consumed by various devices with different platforms. ASP.NET Web API is the primary framework for .NET developers to build REST-based services using the latest standards and serve the growing need to expose data.
This course takes you on a journey right from the basics and explains the building blocks of Web API through an example application. Starting off with the basics, we discuss REST Constraints when designing an API with a change in the ASP.NET Core framework. Then we explore building blocks such as Routing, URI Controllers, HTTP verbs, and implement REST through examples.
As we move on, we’ll delve into some advanced key topics such as dependency injection, versioning, caching, and more to build a modular, testable and maintainable application. Then we consume the complete API using an MVC client and provide a quick overview of AngularJS Client.
Finally, we develop a Restful API using ASP.Net Core API. We wrap up with a few handy tips and best practices to make robust and scalable APIs. By the end of this course, you will have a thorough knowledge of Web API services and advanced features so you can easily get started.
About The Author
Brij Bhushan Mishra is a 5 times Microsoft MVP, Author, blogger, speaker and .NET geek. He is currently associated with an MNC as Technical Architect/Consultant in Microsoft technologies. He is also a Microsoft certified Technology Specialist in Web Applications and Windows Communication Foundation Applications. He is very active in community and regularly speaks in various conferences and user groups. Some of his blog posts have been featured on the ASP.NET Microsoft official website and other various online communities. Other than his community activities, he loves exploring new places with his lovely wife.
- This video course is for any ASP.NET web developer who has developed applications with the framework, but do not understand how to work with Web API, or how APIs work in general.