Learn Hangul; The ABCs of the Korean Language
What you'll learn
- Learn all the vowels and consonants of the Korean language
- How to read, write, listen, and pronounce Korean characters
- Learn new vocabulary words
- How to type in Korean using a Korean keyboard
- No prior knowledge of the Korean Language required
If you have been wanting to learn Korean but you have no idea where to start from or how to start, this course is the PERFECT place to begin with.
I believe that if one is serious about learning ANY language, he or she should always start from the basics and learning Hangul is the perfect starting point for any Korean learner.
What is Hangul, you may ask. Simply put, Hangul in the Korean language is literally equivalent to the ABCs of English. Imagine trying to learn Korean without being able to recognise and read Korean characters... Even a child learns the alphabet first before learning the more difficult stuff!
With proper knowledge of Hangul,
1) Learning new grammar and vocabulary will be made easier (a lot of online learning resources are written in Hangul)
2) Your pronunciation will be more accurate sounding to the native Koreans
3) You can chat with other Koreans using their native language (Koreans can't really read romanization)
4) You will be able to read captions that appear on Korean variety shows (best reason ever)
This course was designed to cater to complete beginners of the Korean language. Content in this lecture has also been arranged to make learning easy, progressive, and logical.
I look forward to teaching you this beautiful language.
Who this course is for:
- People who are interested to learn how to read and write Korean characters
- People who want to kick-start and truly boost their learning ability of the Korean language starting from the basics
I love education.
I believe that through education, we can change the world, literally. Education empowers people to create new inventions, find solutions to problems etc. I have had many teachers in my life and each one has impacted my life in different ways. I aim to be an effective educator and I want to be able to share my knowledge with other people.
I appreciate music, and am able to play several musical instruments proficiently. I love languages as well, especially Korean. I am able to speak 3 languages: English, Korean, and Mandarin.