MATLAB for Scientists and Engineers
What you'll learn
- Install and activate MATLAB successfully
- Perform Arithmetic and Algebraic operations with MATLAB
- Make both 2-D and 3-D plots, add annotations, Greek letters, saving your plots on several formats like fig, png, epsc etc, and make your plots look like those found on research papers
- Solve Calculus Problems like Z transforms, Laplace transforms, Fourier transforms, Taylor and Maclaurin's series expansion, Limits, Left and Right hand limits, symbolic summation etc with Matlab
- Perform formula manipulation and simplification, factorization and expansion with Matlab
- Perform arithmetic operations on Real and Complex numbers
- Perform analytic and numerical differentiation and integration
- Find solutions to ODE problems including Systems of ODEs both analytically and numerically with Matlab
- Perform the following operations on Polynomials: find polynomial roots, integrate and differentiate polynomials, polynomial curve fitting etc
- Solve matrix and vector problems with Matlab like generating special matrices, inverse, rank, reduced echelon, transpose, LU factorization, eigen values and vectors, diagonization, orthogonal, norm, determinant, concatenation and several matrix operations
- Discrete maths problem like finding gcd, lcm, permutation, combination, prime factors and numbers and factorial of numbers
- General Knowledge of Computer, knowledge of high school and a bit of college math.
- A desire to learn, to take action and to ask for help when needed
Whether of engineering, science, economics or medical background, you are about to join over 2 million users of MATLAB that cut across these backgrounds; a multi-paradigm numerical computing environment and fourth-generation programming language that allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++, C#, Java, Fortran and Python with additional package, Simulink, adds graphical multi-domain simulation and model-based design for dynamic and embedded systems.
This course starts from the elementary topics, then progressively and systematically advances to more advanced (but well explained) topics in MATLAB. It touches the major topics Engineers and Scientists meet on daily bases and major aspects of MATLAB you need to progress to become an expert. After this course, you can stand boldly and tackle those difficult problems on your own with MATLAB and be able to proceed and specialize on any aspect of MATLAB you choose to.
The videos and lecture materials are straight to the point.
Each lecture has quiz which must be attempted to obtain a certificate for this course. Each section has assignment which can be evaluated by fellow Udemy students if you give the permission. Note that some of these quizzes serve as summary to the course, you will get to learn some more things and also understand some key facts emphasized in the lectures. The step-by-step answers to the assignment are also provided.
The instructor's lecture notes used for each lecture is also provided so you don’t need to bother writing, you will need to just pay attention to the lectures because all your needs are provided. Beside, all the codes used in the course are also provided.
In case you don’t have MATLAB already installed in your system, there are lectures on the various ways you can acquire MATLAB and the procedures involved in its installation.
In this course, you will typically become a guru and will move from zero knowledge in MATLAB to hero.
Who this course is for:
- Scientists and Engineers
- High School and College Students
- Teachers and Researchers
Nwachukwu Anthony has a Bachelor degree in Mathematics and currently pursuing a Double Master Degrees in Scientific Computing and Engineering Mathematics in Italy and Ukraine.
He has been teaching Mathematics and training university students, lecturers and industry based workers on the use of MATLAB for data analysis, simulation, programming and application development for the past 4 years. He has worked on several projects with MATLAB ranging from building engineering applications, running data analysis, modelling and simulation using MATLAB Simulink and lots more.
He is proficient in Programming and Machine Learning with MATLAB and Python.