Learn you some Lambda best practice for great good!
What you'll learn
- Learn best practices for working with AWS Lambda.
- Understand how to optimize performance of Lambda functions.
- Know the cost pitfalls for Lambda before they can bite you!
- Understand how to make your serverless application more resilient.
- Learn about latest Lambda features such as Provisioned Concurrency and Lambda Destinations.
- Learn security best practices.
- Have working knowledge of AWS and related services such as Lambda and API Gateway
It’s easy to get started with AWS Lambda and quickly ship something. But the thing is, there are lots of hidden decisions that can bite you in the ass later if you don’t think about them. Things like “should I use API Gateway or ALB?” where the wrong choice can cost you thousands of dollars a month! There is an abundance of materials out there to help you get started with Lambda, but they stop short of preparing you for real-world problems.
If that’s what you’re looking for, this is the course for you.
You will learn AWS Lambda best practices around performance, cost, security and much more. By the end of this course, you should be able to make informed decisions on which AWS service to use with Lambda and how to build highly scalable, resilient and cost-efficient serverless applications. You will learn about the latest Lambda features from re:Invent 2019 including Provisioned Concurrency and Lambda Destinations and when you should use them.
Who this course is for:
- AWS developers
- Serverless enthusiasts
I'm an independent consultant and AWS serverless hero with 10 years of experience of running production workload at scale in AWS. I have been an architect and principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I'm also a regular speaker at user groups and conferences internationally. And I'm the author of Production-Ready Serverless by Manning.