What you'll learn
- Build a wordpress website from beginning to end from scratch.
- Pick out the proper domain name.
- Setup a hosting account
- Point their DNS to the appropriate hosting account.
- Install Wordpress using the easiest method out there.
- Search and demo themes
- Install any theme on their Wordpress website.
- Create an entire, responsive Wordpress website that animate as you scroll.
- Integrate with our twitter API so we can display our most recent tweets on our website.
- Implement a contact form.
- Create an entire online resume/portfolio
- Upload video and images to wordpress
- Show our latest Instagram posts on our website.
- Create a newsletter signup field that connects directly to a MailChimp account.
- Add live Chat to our websites.
- Get started making money building Wordpress websites (with my tips)
- No knowledge of Wordpress, hosting, or FTP is necessary. Everything will be covered.
- All a student needs is a computer with an internet connection.
- Students will need to purchase a domain name and hosting to complete a full website.
- No Coding
- No Prior Experience Required
- Free Theme for first website
This course was designed to teach anyone how to use wordpress to build websites by creating two amazing and professional looking websites. I believe that the best way to learn is by doing, and that is what we will do. This course operates under the assumption that the student knows nothing about wordpress, or building websites for that matter.
WARNING: If you are very well trained in Wordpress, this is not the course for you.
Here is a list of some of the things you will learn in this course:
- You will learn how to buy, and pick out a good domain name.
- You will setup a hosting account to host all of your websites.
- You will learn how to point your DNS to the correct hosting account.
- You will learn the easiest way to install wordpress on your URL.
- You will build 2 entire websites step by step.
- You will learn how to use plugins and widgets.
- You will learn how to integrate social aspects into your website.
- You will integrate our twitter, and instagram feeds into your websites.
- You will go over my "go to" contact form and SEO plugins.
- You will learn how to setup up your emails using our HostGator account and link them to our Gmail accounts.
- You will learn how to implement Live Chat into your website.
- I will give you guys some pointers on how to get started as a wordpress developer and how to make money starting out.
If you have been interested in making a website for your company, or just want to learn how to build wordpress websites, this course is for you. We will jump right into the process by selecting a domain name.(I will give you some pointers on how to pick out the proper domain name) We are then going to setup a hosting account, and if this seems daunting, don't worry because I will walk you through every step. It is then a short skip and a hop and our first website will be up and running. We then chisel down to the bedrock of this course, building our website. The first website will be built using a 100% free theme. After building an amazing and responsive one page business website, we will begin a second website. This will serve as a virtual resume, or online portfolio for the student. Before splitting ways, I will give you some of my newbie money making tips for beginners.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for Wordpress newbies that have no prior experience building websites.
- Unless you consider yourself an expert in the field of Wordpress, this course is for you.
I am a graphic designer, entrepreneur, and lead instructor and founder at the Design School. I am passionate about working with startups and have launched several successful businesses. Learn how to design from my "jump right in" teaching style.
"I am a nerd. I love everything technology, and making the virtual world a more beautiful place is my passion." -Andrew
I currently live in Atlanta, where I am the CEO of a security software company. I began designing mobile applications and websites in college. UX/UI design came so naturally that, I knew it was the career for me. I like to say I am a Economics major with a computer science addiction. I won the College of Charleston Entrepreneur of the Year award when I was a senior in college.
I have worked as a graphic designer for an array of different size companies from startups, all the way to fortune five hundred companies such as Coca-Cola.
I have experience designing logos, branding, UI design, UX research, rapid prototyping, and web development.
I have been a freelance web developer since 2009 and have contributed countless beautiful websites to the internet.
I have served as the creative director for an emerging financial technology startup.
I have served as a UI designer for a non profit, SPLASSH, a company that crowdsources projects about the way we consume information about water.
My motto is to teach by doing. In my courses, you will jump right into the subject and learn to design by actually designing. Recreating app designs and learning as you go is the best way to learn in my opinion.
My goal is to give my students the ability to change their career with the skills they learn in my classes.