Web-GIS using open source software and ArcPy for ArcGIS Pro
What you'll learn
- Develop web content using open source
- Geoserver - instalation, configuration and interaction with open layers
- PostGIS - instalation and interaction with geoserver
- Open Layers - front desk using code
- the course is from scratch
This is a course focused on development and interaction of spatial data for internet deployment. For this we use three free code tools:
PostgreSQL, for data management.
Download, installation, configuration of spatial component (PostGIS) and insertion of spatial data.
GeoServer, for data stylization.
Download, installation, creation of data stores, layers and deployment styles.
OpenLayers, for web deployment.
Includes code development in an HTML page to add data layers, wms services, map extension, timeline.
Python programming in ArcGIS Pro
ArcPy for geospatial analysis.
The course is from scratch, step by step with example cases and data according the AulaGEO methodology.
For this course was used, and the download steps are included in the lessons:
Geoserver : 2.15.1
PostgreSQL (Postgres) : 12.1 (64 bit)
Postgis : 3.0
Openlayers : 6.1.1
ArcGIS Pro :2.4
Section 1: PostgreSQL - PostGIS
1. Downloading and installing PostGIS
2. Creating Database in PostgreSQL
3. Adding GIS data in PostgreSQL
Section 2: GeoServer
4. Download And Install GeoServer
5. Creating Workspace and Store in GeoServer
6. Adding Style to Shapefile
Section 3: Open Layers
7. Publishing GIS layers from GeoServer
8. Displaying map using OpenLayers
9. Adding GeoServer Layer to OpenLayers
10. Adding Map Rotation
11. Adding code for Default extent
12. Adding Scale line to map
Section 4: ArcPy - Python programming in ArcGIS Pro
13. Run python script from outside ArcGIS Pro
14. Introduction to python window
15. Run buffer analysis tool
16. Field management tool & Length Calculation
17. Use Arcpy for Get result form tool, wo…ta properties
18. Import Arcpy and modules
19. Describe properties of data
20. Create a field list and loop through the contents
21. Geo processing and select by location tools
22. List unique values from attribute table ordered by name
23. Map document to pdf map conversion
24. Split Line to Multiple Parts
Who this course is for:
- gis users
- developers interested in data analysis
Researcher, writer and rich content creator.
More than 25 years working int thee Geo-engineering industry:
-Infrastructure and civil work projects management
-CAD / GIS / Surveying & Construction training
-Land and Cadastre projects
-Land Administration and development projects
Founder of the Geofumadas website, with more than 1.900 articles about CAD, GIS, Surveying, Cadastre, BIM, Digital Twin and other trend topics. The website is over 170.000 visitors per month and 21.000 followers in twitter.
Founder of the TwinGeo magazine, attending on site conferences in USA, UK, Netherlands, Singapore, India, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Guatemala and other countries.
Founder of the AulaGEO Academy, with more than 100 courses focused in geospatial, engineering and operation of land and infrastructure projects.
We choose the best courses and make them available to new audiences.
Our training offer covers the entire spectrum of data intelligence:
Art - Capture - Modeling - Design - Construction - Operation. Using technological development and process improvement as a transverse thread.
The creators of courses with which we have decided to work have been carefully selected, to offer a complementary set of knowledge. We firmly believe that today people do not seek courses to fill their walls with diplomas; but to make their abilities more productive.