Visual Studio Code for Developers 2022: Beginner to Advanced
What you'll learn
- Optimize your productivity with Visual Studio Code.
- Master the fundamental features of Visual Studio Code.
- Customize Visual Studio Code to fit your needs, style, and personal taste.
- Install helpful extensions from the Extensions Marketplace.
- Work with repositories, git, and GitHub in Visual Studio Code.
- Learn how to work with the debugger and Jupyter Notebooks in Visual Studio Code.
- Optimize Visual Studio Code to work with Python and Web Development.
- Work with the integrated terminal and run commands.
- Add built-in code snippets, install new ones, and create custom snippets.
- Learn Visual Studio Code tips to optimize your productivity.
- You must have a computer or device where you can install Visual Studio Code. We will download and install it during the course.
- For the Source Control section, you must have prior knowledge of git, GitHub, and version control concepts such as repositories, commits, and branches. You will learn how to work with git in Visual Studio Code.
- During the lectures, we use and mention keyboard shortcuts for Windows.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn Visual Studio Code and improve your productivity.
Welcome to Visual Studio Code for Developers, the course that you need to start working with one of the most popular code editors in the developer community. Learn Visual Studio Code with hands-on practice and detailed step-by-step explanations of the basic and advanced features of Visual Studio Code.
This course is for everyone who wants to master Visual Studio Code. If you are starting your coding journey or if you are an experienced developer, this course will help you master Visual Studio Code and improve your productivity as a developer.
Estefania will take you step by step from the basic features of Visual Studio Code like working with files to more advanced features like debugging and source control to help you succeed and incorporate this amazing code editor into your daily workflow.
Visual Studio Code is Your Next Step Into the in-demand and powerful World of Software Development.
During the course, you will learn how to:
Create, save, and edit files.
Work with different panels, bars, and tools.
Work with files and editors.
Open folders and edit their files and folders in the explorer.
Use the search feature to find anything in your code.
Work with the integrated terminal.
Open Visual Studio Code, files, and folders from the command prompt.
Install extensions from the Extensions Marketplace.
Work with extensions such as Prettier, ESlint, Python, React snippets, and Jupyter.
Add built-in and custom code snippets to your code.
Use git and version control in Visual Studio Code.
Optimize your layout and tools to work with Python and Web Development.
Create virtual environments for Python development in Visual Studio Code.
Run the debugger and add breakpoints to check your variables.
Create, edit, and work with Jupyter Notebooks.
Write Markdown files in Visual Studio Code.
Add New Visual Studio Code Skills To Your Resume
Visual Studio Code is currently one of the most popular code editors and its popularity continues rising every year. Whether you work in Data Science, Game Development, Web Development, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Development, or if you are just starting your coding journey, Visual Studio Code will be a priceless tool for your daily work. Learning Visual Studio Code is your next step into the powerful world of software development.
Learning Material and Resources
Throughout the course, you will find these resources:
Video lectures: 7+ hours of carefully designed graphics, animations, and explanations.
Quizzes: check your knowledge interactively after each lecture with short quizzes and unlimited attempts.
Downloadable Files: follow the lectures step by step by downloading the code files.
Articles: read complementary articles to expand your knowledge.
Discussion Forums: ask questions on the discussion forums and discuss interesting topics with your peers. Your instructor, Estefania, will be very glad to help you.
You will learn so much more...
Plus... Tips and Tricks for the Visual Studio Code Pro
During the course, you will learn keyboard shortcuts and time-saving tips such as how to move a line up or down with your keyboard, how to copy a line above or below, how to shrink and expand your selection, how to format your file automatically, how to jump to the end and to the beginning of a file, and much more. So, if you are curious and you want to learn these amazing tips, don't hesitate to enroll in the course and start your Visual Studio Code journey.
Why is this course unique?
This course is unique because of its emphasis on providing detailed and step-by-step explanations of the features of Visual Studio Code. We will dive deeper than other courses into more advanced features such as source control, debugging, markdown, and Jupyter Notebooks.
The video lectures are optimized for mobile devices. No more tiny code on a tiny screen! You will find constant zoom effects and large code that create an optimal learning experience on the go.
You will check your knowledge with short Quizzes that provide instant feedback, so you can see the correct answer immediately.
You will receive a certificate of completion that you can add to your resume and social media profiles to showcase your new skills.
You will also have lifetime access to the course and to all the new additions.
You are very welcome to watch the preview lectures and check out the full course curriculum.
If you are looking for an engaging, visual, and practical course, you've found it.
Add "Visual Studio Code" to your resume and showcase your new skills!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner developers who want to learn Visual Studio Code from the basics.
- Developers who want to optimize their workflow and productivity with one of the most popular code editors.
- Computer Science enthusiasts who wish to expand their knowledge of Visual Studio Code.
- Experienced developers who want to start working with Visual Studio Code and learn its features.
- Developers who want to learn more about the advanced features of Visual Studio Code such as the debugger, Jupyter Notebooks, Source Control, Python virtual environments, and more.
- Everyone who would like to refresh their knowledge of Visual Studio Code.
My goal is to create engaging courses where you will learn programming and understand it so well that you will be able to apply your knowledge to new situations, projects, and professional opportunities. I know that learning how to code can be challenging, but I'm here to make your journey smoother and to help you create memories that you will never forget about how you learned how to code.
I currently have 11,000+ students and 10+ courses on Udemy and my top priority is to support you by answering every single one of your questions. I'm here to help you, so please do not hesitate to ask if you ever have a question during my courses.
I believe that detailed and clear explanations combined with the power of visual learning materials create the learning experience that every learner deserves. That is the experience that I want to give you during my courses.
Coding is amazing. I love programming, data structures, algorithms, and I know what it feels like when you learn something new and you are able to create a new project or product just with your computer and a few lines of code. It's like magic!
I'm part of the freeCodeCamp staff, where I create coding courses and write articles on computer science and programming. My 26+ articles for this publication have received 2,400,000+ views with 5,000+ views per day, on average. I run the freeCodeCamp Espanol YouTube channel that currently has 70,000+ subscribers and I create full courses for this channel.
I served as Community Teaching Assistant (Community TA) for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on edX (MITx) for the course "Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python" where I help by writing tutorials and creating diagrams to complement the course content.
My "Python OOP - Object Oriented Programming for Beginners" was selected for Udemy for Business, a curated collection of top Udemy courses used for corporate training.
So... I'm here for you. If you choose one of my courses, I promise you that you will find an engaging and carefully crafted learning experience. Thank you very much for reading more about me and I will see you in the courses :).