Video Production For Beginners: Make Videos From Scratch
What you'll learn
- Know the process of video production from start to finish.
- Understand the basic concepts and fundamentals that make up any good video.
- Edit videos using iMovie.
- Create creative, freelance, corporate and vlog-style videos.
- You'll need a camera you're comfortable with and know how to use (at the very least: how to turn it on, shoot video, adjust a few settings). A two-year-old or newer camera phone will work great. A simple point-and-shoot is also fine.
- You'll need a Mac computer with iMovie 10.1 software. I'll be teaching the editing section with iMovie only. You can take the rest of the course if you don't have iMovie, but you won't be able to follow along during the editing lectures.
Video Production For Beginners
Are you interested in making high-quality videos for your business or personal brand? Maybe just as a hobby? This course will help you go from "I don't know where to start" to "I can create that."
In today's online world, video content is king. Just look around you. On every social media platform, videos are being posted (by the second) to entertain, to connect, and to persuade. These videos produce massive engagement. Massive engagement means large audiences and increased profits for the right creator. Wouldn't it be great to start learning the techniques so you could make videos like that too?
Improving your video production skills will help you better engage with your clients, fans, and customers. This course will help get you there.
Topics you will learn:
- Types of video production
- Cameras to get you started
- Basic video tips and techniques
- How to edit with iMovie
How the course is taught:
- How-to and explanation videos
- Lecture-style slides
- Computer screen recordings
- White board drawings
- Lesson notes and project PDFs
At the end of the course you'll make four of your own short videos that you can start adding to your portfolio/reel.
This course is for beginners and it's structured in a way so the student doesn't feel overwhelmed. No confusing terminology and techniques!
I hope to see you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for students who don't have a lot of (or any) knowledge of video production.
- This course is for individuals who are interested in making video content for their company, their brand, or personal hobby.
- This course is for individuals who want to practice what they learn and create four of their own videos.
- This course is NOT for individuals looking to learn advanced topics, techniques, or skills.
Hi, I'm Randy! And I love video. Over the past 9 years, I've invested a lot of my time and money into learning video production. I'm college educated as well as self-taught. I spent a year living in Korea where I was also fortunate enough to travel all around Asia and experience new cultures and adventures. That gave me the confidence I needed to move to Hollywood and pursue film production full time.
I also love to share what I learn. And that's what drew me to Udemy. Learning, creating, and sharing are three of my biggest passions. So I hope to share my knowledge with you and help you grow in your video production journey.
Come say hi! I hope to see you in the course.