Learn Travis Picking From Scratch
What you'll learn
- Understand the basic concept of travis picking
- Play easy to medium tunes in thumb picking style
- Learn how to use different chords for playing melody and bass at the same time
- Play some great rockabilly licks in the thumb picking style
- You should be familiar with some basic chords and some simple melody playing.
- It's definitely an advantage if you know how to read guitar tabs, but it's not required
- It is recommended that you have a thunbpick, flatpick and a metronome
Wouldn't it be nice to unlock the full potential of your guitar and play some hot tunes with the sound of a full band just by yourself? This course will show you how to do it.
Travis Picking enables you to play the melody with your fingers, while the thumb provides a driving bass with a percussive sound. It can leave your audience in awe and asking where the second guitar came from. It's so satisfying if you can sit alone at home, playing your favourite tunes and there's nothing missing, because you can provide everything with your hands.
This style can be intimidating at first, if you don't know how to start. This is why I created this course. It will help you to achieve this goal faster and with a lasting result.
In This Course You Will Learn How To:
- Get Started With The Simple Bass
- Adding The Melody Notes With Slowly Increasing Difficulty
- Play Easy Tunes Like "Ten Little Indians", "You Win Again" and "Freight Train"
- Make It Sound Even Cooler With An Alternating Bass
- Use Essential And Unusual Chord Shapes For Travis Picking
- Spice Up Your Rockabilly Songs With Travis Picking
- Play A Version Of The Red Hot Merle Travis Classic "Cannonball Rag"
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for guitar players who have played guitar for at least a year or so.
- This course is for medium or advanced guitar players who want to learn this fun style the right way
- You should be interested in Travis Picking or Thumb Picking
- This course is not for you, if you have just started to play the guitar
My name is Randy Richter, I was born in 1974 in Rostock, Germany. At age 16 I started to teach myself how to play the guitar. Shortly after I played shows around my hometown and in 1996 I became a full time professional musician. With my band Randy Rich and The Poor Boys we've toured all over Europe and the US and appeared on the biggest festivals in the scene. Due to our excellent skills and our love to the authentic sound of the 1950s I had the chance to play and record with many of the original rockabilly legends like Janis Martin, Glenn Honeycutt, Eddie Bond and Glen Glenn.
In 2005 I started to teach guitar to some local students. Because of the fun I was having doing that I extended this part of my job even further and now I'm also teaching people online via Skype. With my Rockabilly Guitar Video Lessons I have the chance to share my knowledge and my passion for the music of the 1950s to thankful students everywhere in the world.