Learn Inkscape now - create vector graphics for free!
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- All the tools of Inkscape in a fun, task oriented way!
- Using, shapes, colors, text and images to create your very own vector art!
- To start the course, download Inkscape free from the official website!
- There is no necessary graphic design knowledge to start the course
The course is teaching everything one should know to work efficiently with the free and open source graphic design program Inkscape. As a free program, there are plenty of short tutorials about Inkscape, but not a comprehensive video tutorial like this was made before! These lessons are not for solving individual tasks (like how to create a banner, how to draw a fish etc.) but rather going through all the tools one can need to understand and use Inkscape on an amateur or even professional level! Apart from sharing the tools, I also give my tricks and tips I developed myself as a designer working with Inkscape for years.
There are 30 lectures of varying length, and .svg files are provided where needed, so students can learn and experiment. This is how the course is built up:
- In the first set of lectures we go through the basic tools, and understand how Inkscape works.
- Then the more complex tools follow, and we create more elaborate designs.
- Then I'm sharing some illustration tips and tricks, that will make for clever and outstanding illustration.
- And in the final lessons we create a Christmas card together, using all the tools and knowledge acquired during the course.
Have fun and ask when you need help! New videos will be added to the course upon request!
- Take the course if you need a detailed explanaiton of everything in Inkscape
In the introduction I will show you what is Inkscape and what it is good for. It is an open source program, what you can use to create illustrations, logos or any type of 2d graphics you wish.
You can import bitmap images into Inkscape, and convert them to vector. In this lesson I will show you some ways to do this.
This tip is very helpful when you work with more objects creating a complex illustration. I can not post the original file I used in the video -as it is an illustration made for a client - but I added a little field of flowers so you can test this method yourself!
HEre are the basic shortcuts I use in Inkscape! Get familiar with them and make your work faster!