Learn Inkscape now - create vector graphics for free!
What you'll learn
- All the tools of Inkscape in a fun, task oriented way!
- Using, shapes, colors, text and images to create your very own vector art!
- To start the course, download Inkscape free from the official website!
- There is no necessary graphic design knowledge to start the course
The course is teaching everything one should know to work efficiently with the free and open source graphic design program Inkscape. As a free program, there are plenty of short tutorials about Inkscape, but not a comprehensive video tutorial like this was made before! These lessons are not for solving individual tasks (like how to create a banner, how to draw a fish etc.) but rather going through all the tools one can need to understand and use Inkscape on an amateur or even professional level! Apart from sharing the tools, I also give my tricks and tips I developed myself as a designer working with Inkscape for years.
There are 30 lectures of varying length, and .svg files are provided where needed, so students can learn and experiment. This is how the course is built up:
- In the first set of lectures we go through the basic tools, and understand how Inkscape works.
- Then the more complex tools follow, and we create more elaborate designs.
- Then I'm sharing some illustration tips and tricks, that will make for clever and outstanding illustration.
- And in the final lessons we create a Christmas card together, using all the tools and knowledge acquired during the course.
Have fun and ask when you need help! New videos will be added to the course upon request!
Who this course is for:
- Take the course if you need a detailed explanaiton of everything in Inkscape
I'm a graphic designer, illustrator and design teacher for more than 10 years. I create clever logos and cute illustrations, I like to inspire, share my knowledge and make people think and laugh!
I use Inkscape, an open source graphic design program in most of my design, and I was teaching this to my students too in a college in Budapest.
I am constantly sharing knowledge about design and life as a freelancer. I teach on Udemy since 2014 and work together with some of my friends now, to create better courses together by sharing my online teaching experience
Exploring new ways to create and sharing my knowledge is what I like the most - so don't be afraid to ask, I'm here to teach!.