Learn to Speak with an Authentic Standard American accent
What you'll learn
- Learn the technical aspects to speak confidently in your best and most authentic Standard American accent
- Vowels, diphthongs, and consonants, as well as rhythm, melody, stress and intonation.
- Improve your listening skills in order to differentiate between your own natural accent and speech pattern and the Standard American sound
- Feel a greater sense of confidence when speaking in public speaking in this accent
- Improve your diction, speech clarity, or other small speech impediments and insecurities you may have
- History of this accent, how it evolved to be what is now known as the "Standard" or General American sound
- Improve your speech for voice-overs, performances, presentations, or any other public speaking
- Warm-ups, basic breathing, and vocal exercises to strengthen your voice and loosen the muscles of the throat
- Basic knowledge of the English language
- Commitment of 10-15 minutes per day to practice the curriculum you will be learning in this course
If you are looking to expand your repertoire, speak more clearly, and perfect the Standard American accent for your performances, personal, or business relations, this course will help you speak with fluency and confidence like an authentic American. As an expert on accents, professional dialect coach, and authentic American speaker herself, Aria will teach you everything from vowels, consonants, diphthongs, rhythm, pitch, melody, grammar, and how to develop your hearing. Other tools you will learn in this course are; tongue placement, stress & intonation, specific pronunciations, consonant and vowel combinations, as well as flow and fluidity of sentences. Packed with vital information, including optional breathing and vocal exercises and basic history of the accent, this course will teach you all the elements to easily grasp this American sound. With three hours of information, exercises, and visual examples, you can work at your own pace, or finish the course within a day. Aria has worked with actors and non actors all over the world helping them achieve their accent goals and gain confidence in speaking. Accents add to the life and story of a character, or to your personality and Aria guides you by giving you the foundation you need to understand the important principles listed above.
For more information and testimonials on Aria's coaching's please visit: ariaccents website
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn and speak confidently in the Standard American accent
- People who want to adjust their accent and speak clearly with more diction
- Business people
Aria DeMaris is a professional dialect coach, working as a coach on successful TV Series' like, “Super Girl,” Netflix's “Altered Carbon,” and the film "Her Infidelity." She is passionate about not only learning accents but teaching them to others. She coaches actors and non-actors all over the world, one on one, in workshops, and online. She has also lent her voice for Disney, Nintendo, various video games, as well as English and Spanish narration for the Cambridge University.
If you are looking to expand your repertoire, speak more clearly, confidently, and perfect a particular accent for your performances, interpersonal or business relations, Aria will help you speak with fluency and confidence. As an expert on accents, Aria will teach you everything from vowels, consonants, diphthongs, rhythm, pitch, melody, grammar, and how to develop your hearing.
For more info go to her website at ariaccents