Learn to Resolve Conflict at Work and in Your Personal Life
What you'll learn
- Identify why there is conflict in your life
- Examine how communication plays a role in conflict and in conflict resolution
- Strategize ways to reduce negative conflict wherever and whenever it may happen at work or in your personal life.
- Identify how verbal and non-verbal communication play a role in conflict and conflict resolution
- Demonstrate the need for active listening
- Practice conflict resolution in your personal life and at work
- Explain the role of a mediator in conflict resolution
This course will examine what conflict is, why it happens and how to diffuse it, learn from it, grow from it, and build a strong bond in your relationship because of it. This course on conflict resolution and communication will identify different strategies and solutions and how effective verbal and non-verbal communication can be used to productively resolve negative conflicts between people, organizations and cultures. It will involve downloadable resources and practice areas plus a section on forgiving and reconciling. As an added note this course is designed to be conducted in solo format or applied in a group setting.
As background, please know that conflict is all around us. It is unavoidable. It is a constant in our work as well as our personal lives to varying degrees. Your life can never be void of it. But it does not need to be negative and potentially destructive. It can be positive. How we deal with conflict is critically important as conflict resolution is not a powerful force that influences how successful we are when dealing with others in our personal and professional relationships, but it also provides a unique and undiscovered opportunity for two or more people to connect on a more meaningful, respective and lasting way.
The knowledge base and the practical skills learned in this course will guide you throughout your life and help to make your life happier, more productive and decidedly less stressful.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is breathing. Conflict is natural. We find it in our work environment and in our personal life. This course will teach you how to effectively communicate to resolve most any conflict in your life.
I am an Adjunct Professor with a Masters in Teaching, BA in Communicatons, BS in Law and an AA in Journalism. I also have several certifications including those as a Life Coach and as a Public Speaking Trainer and Facilitator. I have a diverse background in teaching, government, not-for-profits, and broadcasting.