Learn To Read Structural Drawings: With Real Site Videos
What you'll learn
- Read structural drawings easily.
- Read detailed drawings of footings, slab, beam, column, staircase, etc.
- Plan and execute the construction projects.
- Estimate the building projects.
- Check and inspect reinforcement at the site.
- Prepare bar bending schedules.
- Prepare running and the final construction bill.
- Detail the structural members after the structural design has been done.
- Basic Knowledge of civil engineering structures.
We study a lot of things our four years of engineering life. However, when we land ourselves on the site, we are completely new to it. Why does this happen? It is because the syllabus of our engineering focuses on theoretical knowledge rather than practical applied knowledge. This creates a void in the graduates who have no idea about the knowledge required to work at the site.
This course is intended to fill this void. It teaches students what is left in the college but very mandatory for a civil engineer. This course will help fresh graduates to understand the most important concepts that an engineer should know, working with rebars. A project consists of many works. Most of them can be done by supervisors who do not possess engineering certificates. However, rebar work is such a work that can only be done(in most cases) by an engineer.
This course is intended to teach you how to read all kinds of structural drawings. If you are a civil engineering student or a fresh civil engineering graduate, then this course is for you. You will learn how to read the structural drawings of the slab, beam, column, staircase, etc. You will also see real-life applications of those drawings. Once this course is complete, then you will get clear concepts of all the structural elements.
This course will not only help you to read the structural drawings but will also help you to understand how actually the reinforcement is placed at the site. It will thus, help you prepare the bar bending schedules, giving cutting length to the workers, and also prepare running and the final bills. Not only this, if you are a structural designer and want to learn the detailing of structural members, but it will also help you to understand the concept of detailing and prepare the detailed drawings after you do the structural analysis.
Who this course is for:
- Civil Engineering Students who want to learn how to read structural drawings.
- Civil Engineering Graduates who are currently working in the field of construction.
- Civil Engineers who need to work at construction sites and handle drawings.
- Structural designers who want to learn how to detail the structural members
I am a civil Engineer and I completed my engineering degree from Nepal Engineering College,Nepal. I currently work at IME Group, Nepal as a project manager. I love teaching people and spreading knowledge.
We study a lot of things in our four years of engineering life. However, when we land ourselves at the construction site, we are completely new to it. Why does this happen? It is because the syllabus of our engineering focuses on theoretical knowledge rather than practical applied knowledge.
My courses are intended to fill this void. They help students learn what is left in the college but very mandatory for a civil engineer.
I love asking questions to whatever that strikes my ear that I have no idea of. So, never hesitate to ask questions. As the saying goes " The expert was once a beginner", so, everyone is a beginner at some stage of their life.
Be logical. Be assertive. Happy Learning.