Learn to Read Structural Drawings (RC Detailing)
What you'll learn
- Learn how to interpret and read structural layouts
- Learn how to interpret and read reinforcement details for all structural elements
- How to prepare bar bending schedule from structural details
- A complete building structural drawing will be used as case study
- Learn how to check and correction structural drawing on site
- Learn how to synchronize the architectural design with the structural design
- Basic civil engineering knowledge
- No special knowledge on design software required
What is this course all about
Structural drawings are one of the most important documents needed in construction. The ability of the constructor/site engineer/project manager to understand the structural drawings increases the project's chance of success. As a graduate seeking employment opportunities, interpreting structural drawings is an important skill to get better at.
This course offers a practical approach to reading structural drawings. We make use of a real-life project to explain the nitty-gritty of structural drawings.
We will show how to read all major structural drawings of elements such as slab, beam, column, staircase, foundation, retaining wall, and shear/lift wall.
The technique of creating a bar bending schedule is also explained in detail in this course. Detailed explanation on placing reinforcements for each structural element and detailing different types of staircases.
Why you should take this course
We make it very simple and easy to learn
Access to PDF format of the course project
All necessary structural elements are covered
You get to see the application of every knowledge to real civil engineering projects
You get to see any updates on this course in the future.
You have the opportunity to learn from an experienced civil engineer.
Your money will be refunded if after you took this course and you cannot get what we promised to offer.
Who this course is for:
- Site Engineers
- Students wanting to learn how to interpret structural drawings
- Construction workers who work in construction site and handles detail drawing
- Civil/Structural engineering students
A civil engineer with vast experience in civil engineering analysis, design and detailing. Impacting Knowledge is one of my way of giving back to the world. I made learning civil engineering simple and apply the practical aspects in my teaching. I create courses on civil engineering software, manual design and detailing. I also write professional blog posts and create videos.