Learn to Read Hangeul (The Korean Alphabet)
What you'll learn
- How to read Hangeul (the Korean alphabet)
- How to sound out words in Hangeul (the Korean alphabet)
- How to distinguish between similar sounds in Korean
- How to tell the difference between similar letters in Korean
- A computer or phone to watch the lessons. No other prior knowledge of Korean is necessary!
BONUS: Includes a free Korean Alphabet Printable! Print out this guide to the Korean alphabet, or just display it on your computer screen, and use it for reference while you learn!
Taught by an American linguist and a native Korean speaker, this course guides you through the Korean alphabet. In under an hour, you can be sounding out k-pop lyrics or reading restaurant menus!
This is a great first step towards learning Korean. Please note, this course only teaches the alphabet, it does not teach you how to speak Korean.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Korean students who would like to learn the Korean alphabet.
Sara Maria Hasbun is a linguist and former freelance translator, who is now the Managing Director of Meridian Linguistics, a global linguistic consulting firm employing more than 3,000 freelance linguists and offering translation services to clients from Airbnb to The Economist.
Meridian Linguistics is also a hub for translator resources: check out our blog!