Learn to Read Biblical Hebrew
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 55 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify the Hebrew alphabet and vowels and pronounce them.
- Read the text of the Hebrew Bible with some basic comprehension.
- Understand the fundamentals of the Hebrew language.
- Be able to look up any word in the Hebrew Bible and determine its meaning.
- There are no prerequisites or prior knowledge needed by the student before taking this course. This course will start from the beginning by learning the Hebrew alphabet and then teach you Hebrew vocabulary, how sentences are constructed and then teach you how to translate the Hebrew text of the Bible for yourself.
A translation of the Bible is a translator's "interpretation" of the text. The translator's doctrines and beliefs will often influence how the text will be translated and anyone using his translation is seeing it through his eyes rather than through the eyes of the original authors. Only by studying the original language of the Bible can one see the text in its original state.
Learning the Hebrew language can be both fun and exciting. Upon completing this course you will be reading Hebrew, building a Hebrew vocabulary and even begin translating Biblical passages for yourself.
- Anyone interested in learning how to read the Hebrew Bible in its original language.
- This course is not for learning the Greek language of the New Testament.
In this lesson you will learn how to pronounce the letters א (aleph) and ב (bet).
In this lesson you will learn how to pronounce the letters מ (mem) and י (yud).
This section is dedicated to reading practice. While you may recognize some Hebrew words in the readings, the main objective is to work on your pronunciation of Hebrew words.
In this lecture I will define each Hebrew word in Genesis 1:1 and then read the verse.
In this lesson you will learn how plural nouns are formed for masculine and feminine nouns.
In this lesson you will learn the different forms of participle, Imperative and infinitive verbs.
In this lesson you will learn about Hebrew adjectives and how they are used in sentences.
Using Benjamin Davidson's lexicon you will learn how to look up the Hebrew words from the Bible and learn how to dissect the morphology (word structure) of the word.