Learn to Program with Java for Complete Beginners - Part 2
- 11.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 16 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Use if and switch statements to make decisions in your programs.
- Write programs that use loops to perform repetitive tasks.
- Design and write procedural programs that use methods.
- Use basic debugging techniques to solve programming problems and increase program quality.
- Use arrays and classes for managing program data.
- Write programs that use files to store and retrieve data.
In this video you will learn that sequential execution refers to the execution of your program's statements in the sequence that they appear in your source code file.
In this video you will learn to use an if statement to evaluate conditional expressions and execute a specified statement if the condition is true.
In this video you will learn to add an else clause that will be executed if the expression results in false.
In this video you will learn to use code blocks to control more than one statement in an if.
In this video you will learn to put one if statement inside of another one.
In this video you will learn to use a switch statement to compare a single value to a list of possibilities.
In this video you will be encouraged to run an example program that prints letter grades based on scores.
In this video you will be presented with several review questions that you are encouraged to answer on your own.
This video challenges you to demonstrate your comprehension of this section by performing hands-on exercises.
This video reviews this section's exercises.
- Students must complete Part 1 of this course before taking this course.
With over 125 videos and 12 hours of content, this online training course is designed to introduce the complete beginner to computer programming using the Java language. You must complete Part 1 of this course before you take this course. You will first learn how to make decisions in Java programs using if and switch statements. Next, you will learn how to create while, do, and for loops to repeatedly run statements in your programs. Then, you will learn how to modularize your programs by extracting common code into methods. The course continues with coverage of data collections using both arrays and classes. Finally, you will learn how to read and write files using objects from the Java libraries.
If you are an experienced programmer who wants to learn Java, please see our Introduction to Java Programming course, instead.
Hands On Learning
Unlike other online training courses, you are encouraged to actively participate in the learning experience by running example files during lectures and performing coding challenges during labs. Each lab session includes review videos so you can compare your solution to the instructor's.
This training course comes complete with working example and lab solution files as well as a link to optionally purchase the workbook used in the video at a discount.
About the Instructor
Jamie Romero is a dynamic instructor and expert Java programmer. He has taught over 375 classes to programmers from companies like Hewlett-Packard, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and Walt Disney. Jamie's energetic style and up-beat attitude are just what you need for an online training course.
Some recent comments about Jamie's Udemy courses:
- "I have taken numerous courses online to learn Java but I think this course is much better than all those courses collectively. I am on my 27th Lecture and I am extremely satisfied with my progress. If you are reading this and looking for a good Java course to start, trust me take this course right now. Don't waste your time and money somewhere else."
- "I have subscribed to various other java tutorials online but no one does as good as Jamie Romero. Thank you for coming up with such a wonderful course , sir. You are awesome."
- "Jamie has a great personality and voice for teaching students. His engaging and pleasant style makes it easy and fun to follow along. The courses are never bogged down in lengthy descriptions of topics that loses the viewer."
- This is a first course in computer programming so anyone with basic computer skills should be successful.
- If you already have programming experience and want to learn Java, then take Learn by the Byte's Introduction to Java Programming course instead.