Learn to Program with Java for Complete Beginners - Part 1
What you'll learn
- Explain what computer programs are and what computer programming is about.
- Discuss the terminology and concepts of computer programming.
- Write and compile simple computer programs.
- Describe basic computer language data types.
- Interact with computer programs using your terminal screen and keyboard.
- Evaluate expressions used in computer programs.
- Basic typing skills and comfort with file system operations are recommended.
With over 80 videos and 8 hours of content, this online training course is designed to introduce the complete beginner to computer programming using the Java language. The course begins with definitions of basic terminology as well as the typical "Hello, World!" program. You will learn about basic Java data types next so that you can declare and use variables in your programs. From there, you will learn to read information from the user and output information to the screen. Finally, you will learn to create and evaluate expressions using arithmetic, relational and logical operators.
If you are an experienced programmer who wants to learn Java, please see our Introduction to Java Programming course, instead.
Hands On Learning
Unlike other online training courses, you are encouraged to actively participate in the learning experience by running example files during lectures and performing coding challenges during labs. Each lab session includes review videos so you can compare your solution to the instructor's.
This training course comes complete with working example and lab solution files as well as a link to optionally purchase the workbook used in the video at a discount.
About the Instructor
Jamie Romero is a dynamic instructor and expert Java programmer. He has taught over 375 classes to programmers from companies like Hewlett-Packard, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and Walt Disney. Jamie's energetic style and up-beat attitude are just what you need for an online training course.
Some recent comments about Jamie's Udemy courses:
- "I have taken numerous courses online to learn Java but I think this course is much better than all those courses collectively. I am on my 27th Lecture and I am extremely satisfied with my progress. If you are reading this and looking for a good Java course to start, trust me take this course right now. Don't waste your time and money somewhere else."
- "I have subscribed to various other java tutorials online but no one does as good as Jamie Romero. Thank you for coming up with such a wonderful course , sir. You are awesome."
- "Jamie has a great personality and voice for teaching students. His engaging and pleasant style makes it easy and fun to follow along. The courses are never bogged down in lengthy descriptions of topics that loses the viewer."
Who this course is for:
- This is a first course in computer programming so anyone with basic computer skills should be successful.
- If you already have programming experience and want to learn Java, then take Learn by the Byte's Introduction to Java Programming course instead.
Learn by the Byte specializes in technical training via on-demand streaming. Each training course is made up of several logical sections which are in turn broken down into bite-sized videos from 2 to 10 minutes in length. At the end of each section, you will be challenged to work through hands-on exercises to demonstrate mastery of the material.
Through our sister company, Batky-Howell, we have over 20 years of experience delivering high-quality, instructor-led IT training solutions to companies ranging from small startups to Fortune 100 businesses. Learn by the Byte combines our years of experience developing and delivering courses with today's technology to deliver you training wherever you are, at your own pace, in easy to understand bite-sized lectures.