Learn to Play the Musical Saw
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 22 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Musical Saw
- Students will need: a handsaw
- a rubber mallet (the handle of something is fine, or a bouncy ball on a dowel)
- a bow for a violin, viola, cello or bass
Learn to make music with a handsaw! Two-time world champion of the musical saw Caroline McCaskey will show you how to create beautiful melodies on the saw, even if you don't play any other instrument! Get out to the garage, dust off the saw, and let's make some music! (Oh, and please be careful; it's sharp.)
- Anyone who is curious about the musical saw and wants to give it a try!
In this lecture, students will learn some differences between a hardware store saw and a musical saw, and what features make a saw a good choice for playing music.
In this lecture, students will learn what other equipment they will need, or might find handy, to help them play their saw.