Harp for Beginners 1.0
What you'll learn
- You will be able to play several songs by the end of this course! You will know how to practice efficiently, and with the best classical technique.
- A harp and the enthusiasm to learn how to play is required.
Learn to play the harp today!
This course will teach you:
- Set up your studio to start learning
- How to Tune
- How to play the harp with the best technique for success
- How to play with your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd finger
- Learn to play hands separately then together
- Learn how to play with the metronome
- Learn to play many songs by the end of the course.
This course was created with you in mind. Get expert instruction at a fraction of the price. Best of all, go at your pace. Take the time you want to watch each video, skip, or repeat any section you like.
Elizabeth emphasizes a solid foundation in technique so you continue to watch your placements and playing, making sure your technique is relaxed and comfortable.
This course offers you the ability to learn how to play the harp. Learn from Elizabeth Louise, graduate of Interlochen Arts Academy, with her Bachelors in Harp Performance and Masters of Arts in Music: Harp Performance. Elizabeth has been teaching students of all ages for over 15 years. This course will not only give you the best launching pad, but help you with technique, music theory, and playing your favorite tunes.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning how to play the harp should take this course.
- Players who have taken a break from the instrument but want a refresher should take this course.
Elizabeth began studying music at age six. At nine, she began taking harp lessons with Elizabeth Motter, harpist with the Cincinnati Symphony.
Elizabeth spent many summers furthering her studies at various harp music camps both in the USA and abroad. In the summer of 1995 she attended Benslow harp camp in Benslow, England, and in the summer of 1996 she studied with Alice Spero Keene at the University of Illinois’ summer camp in Champaign-Urbana. In 1998, she attended the summer harp course at Indiana University where she studied with Susann McDonald.
At age 14, Interlochen Arts Academy accepted her into their boarding arts high school in northern Michigan, which offered a college preparatory study program with emphasis on her chosen art form, the harp. After studying with Joan Raeburn Holland for four years, she attended and graduated from Webster University in St. Louis, Missouri, receiving her Bachelor’s of Music in harp performance as a student of Ayako Watanabe. She has received her Masters of Arts in Music from University of Central Florida studying under Orlando Philharmonic harpist Rosalind Beck.
Elizabeth has performed regularly as a harpist for Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida, performing full time at Victoria & Albert’s as well as with the Disney World Orchestra. She has performed as the harpist for Norwegian singer/songwriter Sissel Kyrkjebø during her United States tour.
Elizabeth enjoys a variety of musical endeavors as a performance harpist playing for weddings, private receptions and other elegant events. She also enjoys teaching private harp lessons to aspiring young students in the Orlando and Central Florida areas.