Learn to Play Chess: from a Novice to a Fierce Competitor
What you'll learn
- Play chess with confidence, fight for an advantage, checkmate your opponents
- Practice makes perfect - with Chess Mates Companion software, included
- Explained: last game between Beth Harmon and Vasily Borgov from "Queen's Gambit" at Netflix
- Know how to quickly and harmoniously develop your forces
- Repel the quick checkmate attempts by your opponents
- Deliver the checkmate in a whole variety of ways
- Keep your king safe
- Avoid the common opening tricks and pitfalls
- Get the upper hand at the very start of the game
- No prior knowledge required, this course gives you all the right foundations
- To run exercises on Chess Mates Companion you need a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer
This course takes you from your first chess moves to a player brimming with confidence who knows how to develop the forces efficiently, keep the king safe, repel the opponent's attacks, obtain an advantage early on, and checkmate your opponents.
What makes this course unique? Dr Alex is combining both, his experience as an International Chess Master and a coach, and his experience in programming teaching and adaptive systems, to give you the combination of training videos and the exercises through the 'Chess Mates Companion' software. This way, you get to apply your new knowledge in practice immediately, and learn chess in the fastest way possible.
You start playing chess in less than one hour, and build your strength from there.
If you're already a seasoned chess player, this course is not for you - but watch for the follow-up courses soon!
If you're a beginner and want to learn to play chess confidently, quickly, and with the best foundations, this course is ideal for you.
Who this course is for:
- If you're a beginner and want to learn to play chess confidently and with the best foundations, this course is ideal for you
- If you're already a seasoned chess player, this course is not for you - but I'll be publishing the follow-up courses soon!
Dr Alex Davidovic is the father of 2, a seasoned computer programmer and a chess coach.
Dr Alex is passionate about chess. He is an International Chess Master, played professionally for 5 years, and competed in two Chess Olympiads, in Manila (Philippines) in 1992 and Elista (Kalmykia) in 1998, playing the total of 20 games for the Australian team and only losing one, either winning or drawing all other games.
Following Dr Alex's teaching methods, many of his chess students achieved extraordinary results, including one World Champion under 20 and over 10 adult or age-group national champions.
Ever since completing his PhD in Computer and Information Science on the topic of adaptive tutoring systems, Dr Alex has been applying the results of his research to make learning complex concepts such as computer programming and chess easy to master.
He has been a computer programmer since 1991. Over one million people use the software developed by Dr Alex and his company C Point Pty Ltd:
- Antechinus C# Editor, the first-ever integrated environment for the C# programming language
- Antechinus Animator Professional, for creating stop-motion animations
- ...and 300+ other major software projects.