Learn to play awesome 12 bar blues harmonica solos
- 40 mins on-demand video
- 1 article
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Play great solos that support the chord structure of the 12 bar blues.
- Add elements to your solos that create excitement, such as repetition, dynamics and tension/release.
- Understand what changes to make to your playing to play lesser comon variations of the 12 bar blues.
- You should be able to play clean single notes on the harmonica.
- You need a diatonic harmonica in the key of C major.
- Bending skills are not required but an advantage.
Take the guess work out of playing great solos, learn solid techniques that improve your improvisation skills by 100%!
Playing great solos is probably the most desirable thing for blues harmonica players. It is deceptively easy to begin playing solos but to take it to the next level you need to understand how great solos are built up.
In this course you will learn how to play great blues harmonica solos over the 12 bar blues progression. You will start with very few rules for your first solos and add more musical elements as you become more profficient. Blues harmonica solos can have very free form but choosing appropriate tones that support the chord progression as well as creating tension and release, using repetition wisely, adding dynamics and rests make a big difference in how the solo is perceived.
If you want to become a great harmonica player and play great solos, this is the course for you!
Sign up today to start your journey to becomming a great blues harmonica soloist!
- Beginner student who wants to learn to play solos.
- Intermediate student who already can play some solos but wants to play more musically.
Learn where to find passing tones and blue notes for the chords.