Paint this watercolor in 7 EASY steps, just copy me & learn
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 19 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn to plan an order of working in watercolour paints
- How to lay a watercolour wash
- Learn how to create highlights with watercolour paints.
- Learn how to create a texture plaster effect, stone and brickwork
- Learn colour mixing and an effective way to paint shrubbery
- Learn how to use you brushes to better effect.
- Learn how to create convincing shadows
- Learn how to plan and interesting composition and have fun while you learn to paint with watercolour paints
- Watercolour paints
- Watercolour paper 300g or 140lb
- Two watercolour paint brushes, a small 3 and large 8
- Mixing palette or white plate
- Absorbent kitchen paper and two jam jars for water
- Enthusiasm for being creative and somewhere to be comfortable, the kitchen table is perfect.
This is a 'learn as you paint' workshop, and by that I mean you will learn how to use watercolour paints as you paint a picture. So you will have a super painting at the end of the process as well as learning a new skill.
I have painted this a number of times with slight changes, for people, it's atmospheric, it reminds people of their holidays in warmer climates and it could be anywhere. So why not do that your self?
You will learn how to do simple washes and create a plaster and old stone wall effect, create a realistic window with perspective, deal with glass and reflections and get to grips with colour values.
It's EASY to follow, stop and start as you wish, relax and enjoy working as and when it suits you and at your own pace.
At any time you can post questions for any advice and also for feedback on your finished painting.
There are also plenty additional notes, professional tips, and extra tuition notes which you can download to build you own 'theory folder'. I will also be adding extra lectures over time.
Why choose one of my courses?
Because, as a self taught artist I understand how a lot of people feel about their creative work, sometimes anxious, sometimes overwhelmed and often that it's not 'good enough'. I will hold your hand as you overcome these fears as I offer a friendly, relaxed and sensitive teaching style.
I also have years of experience of teaching people of all levels both in person and via the internet.
Do one of my courses and you will feel as if I am in the room with you every step of the way.
Enjoy your painting, love Nicola
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to use watercolour paints
- Learn quickly with a stress free format and have a painting at the end
- It could also make a great refresher course for someone picking up a brush again.
The text here explains how to start and then the film shows me getting the first wash on the painting. Unfortunately I knocked the tripod and the top of the window casement is slightly out of view. However, this is corrected later, so you don't miss anything.
1) The basic outline of the window
2) The finished painting
In this film you will see how I go about laying down the first wash. I will also be talking about colours.
Here you will see me laying down the first layer of colour on the window. You don't have to copy me exactly, use what colour you like.
Here we are at the finishing stage, adding the foliage and flowers. It's then up to you how big you want to make your pot plant and how far you want your creeper to spread, and if you want to do more work on the walls.
This a supplementary page about painting the window.
Then when you are happy, sign it and get it on the wall. Congratulations
Extra resources for you as advised by the clever people at Udemy.
If you have any more to add, please let me know, thanks Nicola