Learn to Cook French Classics with Yuppiechef
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 26 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand French Food philosophies
- Know how to shop for the right ingredients and equip a kitchen
- Download and print 13 original and tested french recipes
- 25 pages of downloadable course notes with tips and troubleshooting guides
- Test your knowledge with a quiz at the end of each section
- Most home kitchens and pantries will have what is required to tackle a number of the recipes and principles, but each section comes with downloadable lists of ingredients and tools needed.
Up your game in the kitchen with Yuppiechef's online cooking courses. Learn at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home. Why not get the kids involved too?
Fascinated by French Cuisine? Join accomplished chef, restauranteur and author Franck Dangereux as he unravels the mystique around classic French-style soups, sauces, poultry, potato dishes, steaks and desserts.
Learn the history and secrets behind Franck’s recipes, and gain the confidence and skills needed to artfully create timeless classics Steak Au Poivre, Soupe Au Pistou and the fabled Crème Brulée.
- This course contains enough basic instruction and tips to be useful for kitchen beginners, but Franck's knowledge and guidance will also take advanced home cooks further than they have been before.
Bonjour and welcome to your first lesson in French Classics! In this lesson, you’ll begin your journey towards becoming a true cuisinier – that’s a fancy French word for “someone who cooks”. To do this, we’ll take you through some key French food philosophies and give you advice on how to stock up your pantry like a true Frenchman. We’ll also tackle the famous soupe au pistou and teach you how to make delectable garlic and cheese croutons. Ready to get started? Allons-y!
- Top tips for classic French soups
- Franck’s French food philosophies
- French pantry and equipment essentials
- A soupe au pistou and soupe gratinée à l’oignon recipe
In this lesson, we’ll tackle the ins and outs of French sauces. You’ll learn to conquer the mighty Hollandaise sauce and whip up a simple vinaigrette, both of which are excellent accompaniments to poached egg and asparagus. From knowing how to set up a double boiler to making the perfect sabayon, we’ll teach you all the tips, tricks and techniques you need to make sauces with the confidence and skill of an accomplished French chef. Ready? Let’s get saucy!
- Top tips for Hollandaise sauce
- Learn how to set up a double boiler
- Hollandaise sauce troubleshooting guide
- A Hollandaise sauce and vinaigrette recipe
In France, there are more ways to cook and prepare potatoes than there are days in a year. In this lesson, we’ll focus on three of these techniques, and teach you how to turn the humble spud into a decadent accompaniment to any great French meal. Ready to try your hand at the nation’s favourite starch? Here we go.
- Techniques for delicious results
- An introduction to cooking with potatoes
- Potato buying guide
- A gratin dauphinois, pommes purée and pommes frite recipe
From chicken and duck to goose, turkey and quail, poultry is one of the most loved and versatile types of meat in the world. In this lesson we’ll add another feather to your cap by teaching you a modern twist on the classic French favourite, carnard à l'orange. You’ll also learn how to make a simple gastrique sauce that goes perfectly with the duck. So watch the video, roll up those sleeves and let’s get cooking.
- The ins and outs of canard à l'orange
- Tips and tricks for perfectly cooked meat
- How to make a gastrique sauce
- A canard à l’orange and poulet basquaise recipe
You might think you know how to cook a steak, but can you do it in the classic French way? In this lesson we’ll cover all the essential aspects of frying, from seasoning to resting. We’ll also show you how to whip up a delicious and creamy pan sauce in less than 10 minutes. By watching the video and downloading the course materials, you’ll have all the skills you need to cook up a steak au poivre masterpiece right in your very own kitchen. Who needs Paris?
- How to cook the perfect steak
- Tips for a 10 minute creamy sauce
- Cuts best suited to frying
- A steak au poivre and a steak sauce Bordelaise recipe
Prepare to wow your friends and family because in this lesson we enter the decadent world of French-style desserts. You’ll need an element of precision and a passion for pudding as we show you how to take a simple custard and turn it into the show stopping classic: crème brulée. Excited? Grab your whisk and head this way.
- Top tips for a custard-based dessert
- Learn how to make a cherry compote
- Crème brulée troubleshooting guide
- A crème brulée and crêpes Suzette recipe