Learn to Code with Ruby
What you'll learn
- Learn to program in the Ruby programming language
- Master common Ruby objects like Strings, Arrays, Hashes, and more
- Solve popular coding challenges and algorithms with Ruby
- Dive into object-oriented programming including classes and more
- Basic text editing skills
- Basic computer skills (web browsing, app installation, file navigation)
The most comprehensive Ruby course available on Udemy! An in-depth overview of coding with Ruby, a popular programming language renowned for its simplicity and elegance. Whether you've never written a line of code before or are looking to learn a brand new language, this course covers all bases!
Learn to Code with Ruby offers more than 30+ hours of video tutorials, 250+ lectures, and dozens of quizzes and exercises to test your knowledge as you proceed through the course.
- Installation and configuration for both Mac OS and Windows systems
- Common programming concepts (variables, arithmetic, output)
- Objects and methods
- Methods and Conditionals
- Blocks, Procs, and Lambdas
- Dates and times
- File Input and Output
- Regular Expression
- Classes, Modules, and Inheritance
Ruby is a language released by Yukihiro Matsumoto in 1995 that bills itself as "a programmer's best friend". Every aspect of Ruby is designed to make programming easier for the developer. There is no better first language if you're interested in learning how to program.
Ruby also serves as the foundation for Ruby on Rails, a popular web framework that powers over 1.2 million websites worldwide. The course offers an extensive introduction to the base language you'll need to know if you intend to tackle web development in the future.
Check out the sample videos below to get a taste of what the course has to offer!
So if you're ready to commit yourself, if you're eager to expand your knowledge of programming, if you're ready to discover what makes this elegant language so loved by developers, you are ready to Learn to Code with Ruby!
Thanks for checking out the course!
Who this course is for:
- Beginning programmers who want to start with an easy, human-friendly language
- Intermediate coders who are interested in exploring the Ruby language in greater depth
- Web development folk curious about the foundation of Ruby on Rails
Hi there, it's nice to meet you! I'm a New York City-based software engineer, author, and consultant who's been teaching on Udemy since 2016.
There was no formal computer science education for me; I discovered coding entirely by accident. A small work interest quickly blossomed into a passionate weekend hobby. Eventually, I left my former role to complete App Academy, a rigorous full-stack web development bootcamp in NYC. The rest is history.
I've always been fascinated by the intersection of technology and education, especially since I've struggled with many of the traditional resources people use to learn how to program. My goal as an instructor is to create comprehensive step-by-step courses that break down the complex details into small, digestible pieces. I like to build the kind of material that I myself would have loved to have when I was starting out.
I'm passionate about teaching and would love to help you discover what code can do for you. See you in a course soon!