Learn to Code with Python
What you'll learn
- Master programming in Python, a popular language that powers codebases in tech companies like Instagram, Pinterest, Dropbox and more
- Dive into the mechanics of Python's data structures including strings, lists, dictionaries, tuples, and sets
- Apply your knowledge to solve common interview questions, algorithms and coding challenges
- Explore a dynamic curriculum with videos, quizzes, written assignments, in-browser coding challenges and more
- Progress from core language fundamentals to advanced features like classes, decorators and unit testing
- Build complete projects including card games, web scraping tools, and more!
- A Windows, MacOS, or Linux computer
- An Internet connection
- A modern text editor (Visual Studio Code is installed and used in the course)
- Persistence and dedication!
The course is extremely well organized with tons of great explanations and exercises for each and every topic imaginable! The instructor is a very good teacher, and gives great feedback, while rapidly answering any questions you may have. Highly recommend the course to anyone interested in Python or programming in general. - Sathvik H.
The most comprehensive and personalized learning experience in a programming course. Highly recommend to anyone interested, regardless of experience! - Danny N.
The instructor is great. Everything is really well explained. Appropriate for complete beginners as a intro to programming if that is needed. Also good if you are coming from other languages. The instructor also speaks super clearly. - Jon
Learn to Code with Python is a comprehensive introduction to programming in Python, the most popular programming language in the world. Python powers codebases in companies like Google, Facebook, Pinterest, Dropbox, and more. It is used in a variety of disciplines including data science, machine learning, web development, natural language processing, and more.
Over more than 58 hours of video content, we'll tackle the language from A to Z, covering everything you need to know about Python to be an effective developer in 2020.
The course is jam-packed with:
58+ hours of video, with new content added frequently
FREE 300-page PDF study manual with all the code samples written throughout the course
60+ coding challenges that you can complete in your browser
40+ multiple-choice quizzes
35+ written assignments
Complete programming projects including Texas Hold-Em Poker
Learn to Code with Python is designed from the ground up to take you from novice to professional. Complete beginners are welcome; no prior experience is needed! Over 400+ videos, we'll work our way from language fundamentals to advanced features. Topics covered include...
Setup & Installation
Functions and Methods
Lists and tuples
The Python Standard Library
Throughout the entire journey, I'll be coding alongside you step by step in the code editor. You'll also have the opportunity to test your knowledge through numerous coding challenges, quizzes, and written assignments.
Python holds a special place in my heart -- it was the first language I ever learned! I'm honored to be able to pass on years of knowledge to a new group of avid learners. Whether you are a novice who's never written a line of code before or an experienced developer looking to dive into a new language, there’s something for you to enjoy in Learn to Code with Python.
Thanks for checking out the course!
Who this course is for:
- New developers eager to tackle a powerful but simple programming language
- Existing programmers looking to learn Python, the world's most popular programming language
- Anyone eager to learn the most in-demand skill set of the 21st century!
Hi there, it's nice to meet you! I'm a New York City-based software engineer, author, and consultant who's been teaching on Udemy since 2016.
There was no formal computer science education for me; I discovered coding entirely by accident. A small work interest quickly blossomed into a passionate weekend hobby. Eventually, I left my former role to complete App Academy, a rigorous full-stack web development bootcamp in NYC. The rest is history.
I've always been fascinated by the intersection of technology and education, especially since I've struggled with many of the traditional resources people use to learn how to program. My goal as an instructor is to create comprehensive step-by-step courses that break down the complex details into small, digestible pieces. I like to build the kind of material that I myself would have loved to have when I was starting out.
I'm passionate about teaching and would love to help you discover what code can do for you. See you in a course soon!