Coding for Kids: Learn to program with Minecraft
What you'll learn
- Create and run your own programs within Minecraft to create fantastic structures, mob teams and funny potions
- Learn the basic principles of programming, with functions, logic, loops and variables
- Share your creations on a Minecraft server with other players who play and program with you
- Exercise the brain by learning to program beautiful structures in a simple way
- Give children the opportunity to move from being passive players to active game creators
- Parents will learn more about the interests, preferences, and cognitive potential of their children
- No programming experience needed. Learners should have basic experience in playing Minecraft.
- A Minecraft License (JAVA version). It can be bought on the Minecraft website for about 30$ US.
- A PC running Windows, Linux or Mac
- No need to install any additional software. We just use a standard browser and Minecraft (JAVA Version)
The easiest, quickest and most engaging way to learn programming with the standard Java Minecraft edition.
What kind of experience will the course provide:
Children will feel like they are playing a game instead of being in a class because coding becomes a tool that gives them new possibilities in Minecraft. The community of active players on our Minecraft server maintains the interest and motivation of children to finish the course.
Beginners will have a fun and engaging way to learn the basics of programming, while experiencing the most popular online game that allows great freedom of action and no gaming stress. Many students have also indicated that it is a great way to exercise the brain.
The lessons are very hands-on with many examples that can be customized on the fly leaving full freedom for experimentation.
Good value for money!
This course has the same content as our teacher-led class but is sold at a fraction of the cost.
Please check my Udemy website for special offers and discounts. (Just click on the instructor profile page and follow the "Website" link)
Kids engagement and easy setup
Kids are very motivated to follow the course because it ties coding with Minecraft, a game that they like and feel comfortable with. Playing with the results of one's own programmes is very engaging and fun.
The setup is very easy. The programming interface is a simple online web page and the standard Java Minecraft game is used.
Children and youth under the age of 18 may only use this course if a parent or guardian opens their account, makes all enrolments and manages account usage.
The course has free access to the Visualmodder platform managed by the computer association of Ticino in Switzerland which is almost always accessible but we cannot guarantee its 100% availability at all times.
This is not an official Minecraft product and is not endorsed by or associated with Mojang
What to do next:
This course is intended to give kids a chance to try programming and open a door in choosing a future profession.
Don't wait to sign up. This course can change their future!
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed to introduce children from 8 to 14 years old and adult beginners to the world of programming in a fun way. The lessons are designed for beginners but are also well suited to those who already have some coding experience.
- If this course is followed independently by a child, a parent or guardian should manage the udemy account and enrollments.
I have been teaching coding to girls and boys both online and in the classroom for over a decade. I've taught using a variety of technologies such as Scratch and Lego Mindstorms and lately, due to its great success, I've focused on programming courses with Minecraft.
In my courses, I like to teach in a simple way with clear steps so that students can get their hands on code right away and get their experiences while having fun.
The best way to start a career in IT is to understand that coding is fun.