Become a HTML and CSS Developer - Build a Responsive Site
- No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
- You'll need to install a code editor. This is covered in the course.
In this course you'll learn the basics of HTML, CSS and responsive web design. Throughout the course, you'll be building a professional looking company website, designed for both desktop computer and mobile phones.
This is a complete re-make of our hugely popular course created in 2013 and taken by over 40,000 students “Programming for Entrepreneurs - HTML and CSS”.
Why is learning HTML so important?
1. Learning HTML and CSS are good first steps on the road to become a software developer. A rewarding and high demand profession in the innovation economy.
2. If you are not interested in becoming a professional coder, this course will help you improve your communication skills and understanding software developers.
3. It's fun. To me, there are few things more rewarding than being able to create my own websites, mobile apps and games.
What you will learn in this course:
- How to create a stunning, responsive company website
- Understanding the role of HTML and CSS in web development
- HTML tags to make sleek static web pages with links and images
- Creating forms, the most popular way to capture user input on the web
- HTML lists
- Display your data with tables
- Selecting and modifying elements with CSS
- Arrange your content with the CSS Box Model
- Typography and Google Fonts to make professional websites
- Responsive web design principles to create a responsive page
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn the basics of web development.
- This course is for beginners.
- 00:04Course source code
- 00:15Additional Resources
Certified game developer and Founder of ZENVA - the world's leading platform to learn game making, VR, machine learning and full-stack programming. Since 2012, Pablo has been developing professional-grade courses that have helped over 1 million people gain valuable skills.
Pablo is a member of the Intel Innovator Program in the Asia Pacific Region, and has run live programming workshops in San Francisco, Brisbane and Bangalore.
Pablo holds a Master in Information Technology (Management) degree from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a Master of Science in Engineering degree from the Catholic University of Chile.
Trusted by over 1 million learners and developers, Zenva provides world-class training on in-demand programming skills covering game development, machine learning, virtual reality and full-stack web development.
Our e-learning platform Zenva Academy is the leading place to upskill, learn and gain key tech skills for the innovation economy. Our curriculum is organized about Mini-Degrees™ which cover a wide range of technical subjects and include video, project files and mentor support.