Learn to buy: Stop making emotional purchases
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 4 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Make informed buying decisions without emotional influence.
- You should be able to use a PC/Mac at a basic level and be in control of your own finances.
TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK... Time fixes a lot of things, but emotional purchasing is not one of them. How much longer until you actually do something about it? It could be today.
Emotional purchases seem to be a driving force in peoples' lives being stagnant. Buy that bigger house! Go to that better school! Buy that better... thing! All the while these purchases that are based on emotion either get us in debt or strapped for cash when we actually need it. ENOUGH! Emotions and money DO NOT MIX! Emotions make every car more expensive, every student loan bill bigger, and every bank account much much smaller.
Sure, there are all sorts of places you could go to learn about money, but this is (currently), the only course of its kind that will call out that nasty little emotional impulse as the reason for your bad money habits. This course will go in depth into all the positives and negatives in purchasing decisions as well as offers sounds facts to back it up, not just opinions!
If you’re interested in understanding why some people make bad financial mistakes and others don’t, this course will help you realize the good from the bad spenders. The instructor will guide you through many theoretical purchase examples as well as many real life purchases to point out what went wrong and how you can avoid the same scenarios. If you often think "should I really buy that?" This course is designed to help you through the steps of buying small and large purchases with peace of mind.
What you’ll learn in this course:
- Learn how to avoid common financial traps and avoid them
- Understand the Buyer Decision Process and how to leverage it
- Find out how caveat emptor and due diligence can protect your bank account nearly 100% of the time
- Hear why credit cards are not your friend and what you can do about it
- Predict and beat the dreaded “Bait & Switch” technique
- Learn how to leverage common sense over emotion
After going through this course, you’ll never look at buying again as something you do, but rather something you plan and conquer.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is designed primarily for those in the 18-30 year old range where most emotional mistakes are made. However, the principles of this course would be useful for anyone outside that age range as well.
- Anyone between the ages of 18-30 who is confused about emotional purchasing.
Hello everyone, if you're reading this you've either purchased this course or are considering purchasing this course, either way, you're doing yourself a great favor by wanting to take control of your finances and not let emotions control your buying habits. In this brief audio lecture I will discuss the topics that will be covered in this course as well as the main objective of this course as well.