Ultimate Venture Capital: How to model investment rounds
What you'll learn
- Build a Cap Table and Waterfall Analysis from scratch
- Learn the actual numbers behind investment terms
- Know the direct impact on ownership percentages of every major term sheet provision
- Build Private Equity and Venture Capital Investment Models From Scratch
- Have solid PE/VC acumen
- Pass private equity Interviews
- Pass venture capital interviews
- Understand how valuation impacts ownership
- Calculate potential payout after multiple investment rounds
- Learn about different types of investment structures
- Learn how to structure and modify a cap table
- Learn how to calculate proceeds from the sale of a business.
- You should be able to use Excel at a beginner to moderate level
- Know some basic investment terminology
What I have learned over the years is that most people, from startup founders to investors don't understand the cap table, and consequently their ownership, on a deep level.
Most founders lack the knowledge to model out future rounds and don't grasp key economic terms when negotiating their term sheet. This course will change that.
Most investors don't know how the waterfall will work in a liquidity event and what the liquidation preference really means to their overall return.
So, I created this course to teach the breadth of professionals involved in early stage capital how this all really works. It is exhaustive and touches on every key point I know that is economic to a deal. Learning how to plan and understand the ownership of your company is critical to keeping motivation and maximizing returns.
The course is taught through excel. It is hands on, get dirty, struggle to understand until the lightbulb goes off and you get it right. I teach it the exact way that i learn, which is by doing. It is step by step with commentary on the specifics.
What it is not, however, is a course in excel. While their are not overly complicated functions involved, you should have a base knowledge or you will get frustrated.
The value of this course is what it will save you in attorney's fees, equity, and potentially greater returns on your investments.You can learn how to project and manage your growth and join a community of people going through the same struggles.
Who this course is for:
- Angel Investors, Startup Founders, Analysts, CFOs and Business Owners
I've spent several years in the trenches hammering out cap tables for investors and startups. I have done everything from simple transactions to extremely complicated ones that required conversion of notes and warrants.
I've seen nearly every type of deal and syndicated across many parts of the country.
I am a learn by doing type of guy and teach in a style catered to people like me