- 1 hour on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- After taking this course you will have the knowledge to bake up your own Panettone.
- You will learn to mix dough to development, when to add butter, how long to proof the dough etc.
- You will learn how to make Lievito Madre and how to use it to leaven Panettone.
- You will learn the stages of making Panettone.
- Traditional Panettone uses a sourdough or "Lievito Madre" for leavening, you will need a sourdough to get started with.
- A link to how to make your own sourdough and how to make Lievito Madre is included in the course.
- Panettone molds or a cake mold for holding the dough while it bakes.
- Common baking equipment (dough containers, scrapers, etc) and an oven.
- A dough mixer that has decent power is necessary for long mixing.
- A proofing box or place to keep your dough warm.
- A kitchen scale that has metric
- A strong flour and the other ingredients necessary for making Panettone.
Panettone, with it's rich soft buttery interior, studded with fruits, is one of the most loved holiday breads in the world. It was created around 500 years ago in Milan, Italy. Baking up Panettone is an art as well as a method. Some of the finest Panettone bakeries won't share their secrets.
However, in this course, Beesham Soogrim will show you step by step how to make your own Panettone. Teresa L Greenway will be your guide (as well as filming and editing this course).
Beesham is a professional baker who travels the world giving baking workshops. This course was filmed (by Teresa) during a workshop attended by both Beesham and Teresa. The workshop was sponsored by Puratos (The Quest for Sourdough) during the summer of 2018.
In this course you will learn:
How to make your own Lievito Madre, which will then leaven the Panettone.
You will see the stages of the Lievito Madre as we build into the pre-ferment dough and then the final Panettone dough.
You will learn to proof and develop the dough properly before adding the butter and fruits.
How to shape the Panettone dough and put it in the molds.
Then you see how to score a traditional Panettone, bake it to perfection.
How to cool it so it keeps it's feathery soft interior.
You will be able to bake your own Panettone to share with family and friends for the holidays.
You will need a strong dough mixer and a kitchen scale that does metric for this course.
- Panettone is a challenging bread to make, it is considered an art. A baker should have intermediate or advanced skills.
- However, anyone will common sense and a desire to succeed can bake this lovely bread.
- Beginners with no kitchen skills should not take this course.
Hello and welcome to our course, "Learn to Bake Panettone." In this course you will learn to make one of the most popular holiday breads in the world, filled with butter, eggs and fruit.