#6 Learn to Bake Magnificent Challah Bread
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 14 articles
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn to bake various types of Challah, yeasted, hybrid and sourdough.
- Discover a special technique for making bread really soft.
- Watch a professional baker demonstrate many various braiding techniques.
- Make a sourdough Challah and find out how to handle the wild yeast in enriched dough.
- Bake up the most magnificent dessert Challah you've ever seen!
- Learn to make Challah with and without milk products.
- Use a mixer or mix dough by hand, both techniques are demonstrated.
- Be amazed at the many various ways of braiding and plaiting Challah.
- Enjoy several downloadable formulas/recipes and variations for Challah.
- Learn to braid a Challah from one strand all the way to seven strands!
- An understanding of basic kitchen skills is necessary, ie, how to bake, mix dough, chop ingredients, etc
- You will learn how to make your own sourdough in this course, so obtaining one, although nice, isn't necessary.
- A basic kitchen scale that does metric is essential for this course.
- You will need to bring your enthusiasm....
- Doughs can be mixed either using a mixer or by hand.
Challah, magnificent Challah! This sweet bread is loved and enjoyed by millions the world over. In this course you will learn to bake three various types of Challah:
- Commercially yeasted Challah (A dessert Challah)
- Hybrid (a mix of yeasted and sourdough)
- Sourdough Challah
The formulas will also have variations using different ingredients and methods. The two methods are to mix with a dough mixer and to mix by hand.
The variations will contain different ingredients or dough formulas with changes for milk/non milk, butter/oil, sugar/honey, different egg washes and various toppings.
You will also see professional baker Andrew Meltzer as he demonstrates how to braid different styles of Challahs from one single braid all the way to seven braids and a six pointed star Challah!
Join me, learn to bake your own magnificent Challah and see why so many people love Challah!
- Any baker who knows their way around a kitchen can bake magnificent Challah.
Hello and welcome to the course, "Magnificent Challah!" Find out what is going to happen in the course and what to expect. It's so nice that you joined me!
Watch how to braid a round Challah. It's fun and easy!
See the finished Toffee Chocolate dessert Challah and watch me slice it open... and sample it! Yum!
Access a link on Youtube for a fourteen day by day tutorial on making your own starter - see it! Also download a 32 page e-book called "Make Your Own Sourdough Starter," to help you make and care for your sourdough starter.
In this lecture see how to make and feed a motherdough pre-ferment.
Let's put the top and bottom Challah together and see our magnificent creation!
See the finished Double Decker Challah then watch me slice it... and eat some!
Watch how to braid/plait a six stranded Challah.
Watch as I roll out and braid a more narrow six stranded Challah. This is a variation of the more plump stranded Challah.
Andrew starts off the class with an introduction (he made a whole wheat dough for the class because it was at a "Wheat" conference, but he doesn't like to use whole wheat for making Challah. He demonstrates how to make a one standed Challah braid.
This is a really beautiful round Challah shape. It is woven and then folded under itself.
This lecture contains photos of the beautiful Challah baked by the women who tested the formulas for this course. I am deeply grateful to them for their labor of love and I wish to give them credit for the invaluable assistance and magnificent Challah breads they baked.