#3 Bake Classic Sourdough Bread Like a Professional
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 22 articles
- 29 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Bake Some of the Best Breads in the World
- Bite into a crusty, chewy, buttery slice of their own hand crafted bread.
- Understand some of the mystery behind old world bread baking.
- Pull hot loaves of crusty bread out of their own oven.
- Bake like a professional artisan bread baker.
- Autolyse, fold, shape, proof and score dough, and know what those terms mean.
- Talk and understand some of the baker's lingo.
- Get a better understanding of what baker's percent, hydration, pre-ferments, and motherdough mean and how to use them.
- The materials and equipment you will need are covered in the course, so jump in and let's get started!
Updated August 29, 2016
Some of the reviews from my first sourdough baking course:
- Teresa is the Sourdough Bread Whisperer...I was resistant to making it myself because it seemed so daunting. But Teresa is so calm and skilled that it eased my fear and allowed me to jump in whole heartedly. She is a natural teacher. The course is easy to follow and filled with so many useful tips. And the best part is that the bread is so wonderfully good. Best sourdough bread I have ever tasted, seriously!
- This course and instructor are heaven sent....
- Best Class Ever; from starting your sourdough starter to making the best breads, this course is worth it.
- In my opinion, Teresa has earned 10 Stars. She's taken me from burnt hockey pucks to beautiful loves of bread that are in great demand by family and friends.
- I loved it that everything is shown and discussed in a very clear manner.
- Amazing gift that Teresa has in explaining the process Thanks...
- With Teresa's help along the way I feel confident to make good bread. Her recipes are wonderful and explained well. The videos help immensely showing you the different stages of dough development.
- This is a very clear, step-by-step course for all bread bakers - old and new.
- This course is all kinds of wonderful
- My best online baking class experience
- She has a very warm, clear teaching style and genuinely knows her stuff.
- I am in Baker's Heaven
- Really loved this class and learned a ton! This lady knows her sourdough and is a great teacher.
- My kitchen indeed whole house smells divine after baking these terrific bread recipes. I am an avid baker however never really got into baking bread. Well all that has changed since taking Teresa's artful amazing course. Highly recommend this course to any budding bread maker. Five star + Thank you
- In this course you will learn how to bake several classic sourdough breads- some of the best breads in the world!
- In easy step by step directions and videos, you will learn the craft of classic sourdough bread baking right in your own home.
- This course will show you how to make your own sourdough starter and motherdough pre-ferment. It will cover the basics that all bakers need to know when baking with sourdough.
Some things you will learn about include:
- Autolyse, what it is and why it is used for making bread.
- Fermentation, what is fermentation?
- Dough folding, how to develop dough without intensive keading.
- Hydration and what it means. Hydration?? What's that?
- Baker's percent, it's not hard!
- Crust techniques, how to get a blistery crust.
- Large holey crumb... to die for!
- See how to handle sticky, wet dough, by observing!
- Baking with steam in the home oven, an easy method.
- Ingredients, what ingredients to use for baking bread.
- How to modify gluten for health, sourdough is slow, fermented food.
- Measuring, what you need to know.
- Motherdough, pre-ferments and their use.
- And more!
Then we will go on to bake up classic breads such as:
- Old World Miche
- Basic White
- Country Hearth Sourdough
- Flaxseed Heaven (modified version)
- Mill Grain loaf
- Dragon Baguettes
- And the children's favorite, Soft White Sandwich Sourdough Bread.
For anyone who has taken one of my other courses, the baking basics are pretty close to the same, a few basics will be different, but basics are... well... basic! The formulas are all different and the fun is out of this world!All of the breads are made using only sourdough (wild yeast) no commercial yeast is used.
This is a self paced course with no pressure and instructor support when you have any questions. Come on and join us!!
- This course is suited to anyone with basic baking/kitchen skill. It is often easier for a person who has never baked to learn sourdough baking. Beginners will enjoy the satisfaction of baking real bread and professionals will have fun with a refresher.
For baking sourdough, you need a sourdough starter. Learn to make your own.
In this lecture you will be able to download a 32 page e-book, "Make Your Own Sourdough Starter." It will show you not only how to make a starter but how to care for it and store it as well. It will also show you how to make different types of motherdough, which is a type of pre-ferment.
See how to make a quick, easy and effective dough scoring tool.
See the finished loaves and watch as I slice into them!
Mill Grain Loaf - The finished loaves - Let's cut into the bread!
The best part - slice and eat your finished loaves!
Let's slice the bread... anyone for sandwiches?
It's a bit higher in hydration, but worth it!
Time to slice the Country Hearth loaf!