Learn the Violin - Scales and Fundamentals
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course you will be comfortable holding the violin and bow and will be ready to learn any beginner song.
- You will be comfortable playing every note in first position on the violin.
- You will have the equivalent of 6 - 12 months worth of private lesson teaching witha focus on scales under your belt.
- You will be able to play all of the one octave scales on the violin. You will be able to take this knowledge to learn new songs on your own.
- You will learn some different bowing techniques.
- You will need a violin and bow. No music reading is required.
- An instrument tuner would be helpful.
This course covers the basics such as holding the violin and bow properly and tuning the instrument. It covers a couple of different bowing techniques and then goes through both the major and minor scales. It is taught by video lessons with straightforward, easy to follow instructions. There is also some supplemental material to help guide you along the way. There are lectures on the extras such as the proper way to hold the instrument, as well as lectures focusing on different techniques to improve your playing.
Students who enroll will get to learn a challenging instrument without having to take costly private lessons. This course is about the equivalent of 6-12 months of private violin lessons with a focus on scales, so could take anywhere from one month to twelve months to complete. It all depends on how much time you have to put into it.
This course is a very low pressure way to get to learn a new instrument. Without the time commitment and cost of weekly private lessons, students will be able to discover the joy of playing the violin without any added pressure.
If you have ever had any interest in learning a musical instrument, then this course if for you. It starts with the basic foundations and builds from there, so you do not need to have any previous music experience. If you want to be have a great technical foundation on the violin, and want to learn the scales, which are the building blocks of all songs, then you would greatly benefit from this course.Above all, this course is for anyone with a love of music. You can take the course yourself, give it as a gift to friends or family, or to anyone you know that also loves music. With a 30 day money back guarantee and lifetime access, you can be confident in your purchase. Lifetime access will also allow you to take as long as you need to complete the course, and will allow you to go back and review lectures that you have previously complete. It's a fail safe way of learning the violin.
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn the violin. It is for all ages but children under 12 would do best with an adult helper.
- This course would work well for anyone that doesn't have the time or money for private lessons. It would also work well for those already taking private lessons and wanting to supplement their learning experience.
- This course is designed for those students who are interested in fundamentals and technique and mastering those.
After this lecture you will be able to name all the different parts of the violin and bow.
We will learn how to tune the violin using both the tuning pegs and the fine tuners. Having an instrument tuner handy would be helpful for this lecture. After completing the lecture, you will be able to tune your own violin before each time you practice.
I will cover where to put the tape lines on the violin. An instrument tuner would be helpful for this lecture. After adding tape lines to the violin, you will be able to place their fingers down in the correct position for different notes with a visual guide. It will be as if we are adding frets to your violin, much like a guitar has. Have four strips of tape cut about 3" long and about 2mm wide ready! Electrical tape, car detailing tape, and paper tape all work well.
This lecture covers the bow stroke that allows for a nice smooth and flowing sound. You will learn the bow stroke that is used when playing more than one note in each bow. This will allow you to tie notes together, play slurs, and will give you the beautiful sound that is commonly associated with the violin.
This lecture demonstrates the single lower octave F Major scale and instructs you in how to play it. You will learn where to place your fingers and what strings to play on.
In this lecture, I will be teaching you the single lower octave F Minor scale. You will learn where to place your fingers and what strings to play on.