Learn the Violin - No Music Experience Necessary!
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will be comfortable holding the violin and bow and will be ready to take on more challenging songs.
- After completing this course, you will have the equivalent of 6 - 12 months worth of private lesson teaching under your belt.
- By the end of this course you will be comfortable playing in first position on the violin.
- After finishing this course, you will be able to play some scales and a few basic songs on the violin. You will be able to take this knowledge to learn new songs on your own.
- This course will teach you about dynamics: what they are, how to play them, and how to incorporate them into your music.
- You will need a violin and bow. No music reading is required.
- An instrument tuner would be helpful.
This course covers the basics such as holding the violin and bow properly and tuning the instrument. It progresses through the scales and culminates in learning a few simple songs. It is taught by video lessons with straightforward, easy to follow instructions. There is also some supplemental material to help guide you along the way. There are lectures on the extras such as the proper way to hold the instrument, as well as lectures focusing on different techniques to improve your playing.
Students who enroll will get to learn a challenging instrument without having to take costly private lessons. This course is about the equivalent of 6-12 months of private violin lessons, so could take anywhere from one month to twelve months to complete. It all depends on how much time you have to put into it.
This course is a very low pressure way to get to learn a new instrument. Without the time commitment and cost of weekly private lessons, students will be able to discover the joy of playing the violin without any added pressure.
If you have ever had any interest in learning a musical instrument, then this course if for you. It starts with the basic foundations and builds from there, so you do not need to have any previous music experience. If you want to be able to enjoy playing some simple songs on the violin, but would also appreciate having the correct technique while doing so, then you would greatly benefit from this course.
Above all, this course is for anyone with a love of music. You can take the course yourself, give it as a gift to friends or family, or to anyone you know that also loves music. With a 30 day money back guarantee and lifetime access, you can be confident in your purchase. Lifetime access will also allow you to take as long as you need to complete the course, and will also allow you to go back and review lectures once you have completed it. It's a fail safe way of learning the violin.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn the violin. It is for all ages but children under 12 would do best with an adult helper.
- This course would work well for anyone that doesn't have the time or money for private lessons. It would also work well for those already taking private lessons and wanting to supplement their learning experience.
Kathleen is a professional freelance violinist. She studied at Mannes College in New York where she obtained a Diploma in Violin Performance where she also played the viola. Kathleen's playing has been described as "beautiful", "sweet", and "fluent" by her audiences, conductors, and teachers. From the grandeur of the concert stage as an orchestral violinist, to bringing the joy of live entertainment to weddings and receptions, she continues to move her audience with her performances. Kathleen has performed in cities both in the US and Canada. She also composes and arranges music.
As a private music teacher, Kathleen has taught both violin and viola. She has taught lessons in person and for the past year has specialized in online instruction with the use of Skype. Her teaching method focuses on the traditional techniques for the violin and viola. Once students are comfortable with the basics, lessons can be geared towards the students' interests. Kathleen's teaching style is informative yet also fun and friendly.