Learn the Violin - Bowing Techniques
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will know every bow stroke for the violin.
- You will be able to perform both on and off the string bowing techniques.
- You will improve your musicality by adding these bowing techniques to the songs that you are working on.
- You will be able to play more challenging music.
- You will need a violin and bow. No music reading is required.
- Students should know that many of these techniques can take months or even years to master. Additional in-depth training for some bow strokes may be necessary later on.
This course covers all of the different bowing techniques for the violin. It covers both on the string and off the string techniques. There are also helpful practicing tips as well as different exercises for mastering each bow stroke. Learning the different bow strokes will greatly improve your ability to add musicality to the songs that you are already playing or learning to play.
Students who enroll will get to learn all of the violin bow strokes without having to take costly private lessons. This course could take anywhere from one month to one year (or longer) to complete, depending on how much practice time you have, and how committed you are to getting the techniques just right.
This course is a very low pressure way to get to improve technique on the violin. You will be able to improve upon the knowledge you already have, and take these new bowing techniques and apply them to any piece of music that you are working on.
This course consists of all video lectures. It will be as if you are having private lessons from me. I will break down each bow stroke, cover different ways to practice them, and give helpful tips.
Above all, this course is for anyone with a love of the violin. With a 30 day money back guarantee and lifetime access, you can be confident in your purchase. Lifetime access will also allow you to take as long as you need to complete the course, and will also allow you to go back and review lectures once you have completed it. It's a fail safe way of learning
the violin and mastering different bowing techniques.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for those students who are interested in fundamentals and technique and mastering those.
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn the violin. It is for all ages but children under 12 would do best with an adult helper.
- This course is best for students that already know the basics of properly holding the violin and bow. You should be able to play some simples songs and scales.
- This course is an introduction to all of the right hand bowing techniques.
Kathleen is a professional freelance violinist. She studied at Mannes College in New York where she obtained a Diploma in Violin Performance where she also played the viola. Kathleen's playing has been described as "beautiful", "sweet", and "fluent" by her audiences, conductors, and teachers. From the grandeur of the concert stage as an orchestral violinist, to bringing the joy of live entertainment to weddings and receptions, she continues to move her audience with her performances. Kathleen has performed in cities both in the US and Canada. She also composes and arranges music.
As a private music teacher, Kathleen has taught both violin and viola. She has taught lessons in person and for the past year has specialized in online instruction with the use of Skype. Her teaching method focuses on the traditional techniques for the violin and viola. Once students are comfortable with the basics, lessons can be geared towards the students' interests. Kathleen's teaching style is informative yet also fun and friendly.