Beyond Usability: Learn the User Research Toolkit
- You should have a interest in learning about user experience research and gathering feedback from users.
It's more than just usability testing! In under 1 hour, be introduced to a variety of methods you can use to help you gain insights about your users - insights that are essential to designing and building a successful app, product, technology, or idea!
PLEASE NOTE this course does not provide deep practice exercises, but instead is designed as a brief, high level introduction on how to draw from a 'toolkit' of top user research methods.
Have you ever thought about doing interviews, surveys, or other kinds of research with users but don't know how to get started? Is it unclear to you which user research study method is best to use, when, and how? Don't have a lot of time? This is the course for you!
This course walks students through a variety of popular and effective user research methods to become familiar with, called 'the user research toolkit'. The course explains what user research is, the requirements for getting started doing a study, an outline of various study methods, how to select which study method is best to use based on a given product stage, question, or problem, and tips for how to get started doing your own study right away.
Take this course and you'll save you time and money by learning how to get started doing your own user study the right way, the first time!
Who this course is for:
- People new to user experience research (non-experts) who wish to become more familiar with the art and science of user research
- Product development professionals and entrepreneurs who are new to user research and wish to test their product, technology, app, or idea with users
- Students, artists, or other non-tech professionals who wish to learn how to conduct high-quality research with users
- 01:54Who Should Take This Course
- 02:26Why Do User Research?
- 01:54ROI (Return on Investment)
- 01:24What's Included in This Course
Jennifer McCormick is user experience researcher and human-computer interaction expert who has managed user research at Microsoft, Logitech, Facebook, Amazon, and more. She is currently Founder and President of User Lens, a San Francisco-based user experience consulting firm. Her clients include Square, Uber, GoPro, Samsung, HP, and Oculus.