Learn the secrets of Blockchain in less than an hour
- None, just the interest in learning about Blockchain
Blockchain is the magic sauce that makes the cryptocurrencies run. It's a radical new way of thinking and operating. This technology is claimed to be as revolutionary as the internet itself.
We will start with an overview of how blockchain works. Secondly, we will review the fundamentals components of blockchain that make it so disruptive. Then we will look at some Blockchain tools that you so can use to develop secure and fault-tolerant processes or systems. Lastly, to get you started thinking about how to use Blockchain we will look at several unconventional case studies from different industries.
I have tried to keep all the technical jargon out so it is easy to follow along no matter what your background or experience level is.
You do not need any background in Bitcoin trading, understanding of cryptocurrencies, finance or technology to benefit from this course. All you need is a bit of imagination and pioneer mindset to see how you can leverage this technology.
Note: Adjust the player speed based on your comfort level with the content and my articulation rate.
- Anyone interested in learning about Blockchain as a concept
- Everything you need to know to get started with Blockchain
- Define what is Blockchain02:07
- Traditional Banking (simplified) vs. Blockchain01:39
- Blockchain end to end03:16
- Blockchain basics3 questions
- Basic building blocks - Introduction00:43
- Basic building blocks - Part 1 [Transactions and Blocks]01:49
- Basic building blocks - Part 2 [Node and Wallet]01:54
- Basic building blocks - Part 3 [Mining and Address]02:48
- Test the understanding of Blockchain basic constructs4 questions
- New capabilities - Introduction00:21
- Secure by design00:50
- Resilient design01:20
- Consensus based (decentralized) model00:42
- Non-human (or non-interactive) authentication01:11
- Traceability (Accountability/Non-repudiation)01:36
- Test your understanding of Blockchain based design1 question
- Case studies - Introduction00:20
- Smart Contracts02:31
- Transforming music industry03:17
- Transforming healthcare03:38
- Wrap up00:25
- Course Re-cap01:24
- So where do we go from here?01:25
I'm a cyber security and technology consultant. For past 18 years I have helped several Fortune 100 companies successfully adopt disruptive technologies.
More recently I have been helping my clients on transitioning to cloud and leverage blockchain to improve their existing architecture.
Advise senior leadership (CIO, CRO,CFO, CISO) at large financial services clients solve challenging Cyber Security and Technology issues such as Threat Detection, SOC Automation, Security Analytics, Governance and Strategy. This includes:
• Leading clients in designing, deploying and managing repeatable strategic solutions
• Identify and conduct proof of concepts demonstrative value of upcoming disruptive technology trends such as Blockchain, serverless computing
• Advising clients on upcoming technology and cyber risk trends