Fundamentals of : Airport Operations
What you'll learn
- Define the Airport Environment and Organizations that Operate within the Industry.
- Identify the differences between the Types of Supporting Subsidiaries within the Sector.
- Familiarization of Standard Operating Procedures used within the Aviation Environment.
- Identify the Key Components within the Airport Infrastructure
- Learn the Differences in Equipment used within the Airport Ground Handling Activities.
- Identify Airport and Airside Lighting, Signage and Markings.
- No Prior or Minimum Knowledge Required.
- Basic Comprehension and Understanding of the Airport Industry.
- English Language Fluency.
The aviation industry encompasses almost all aspects of air travel and the activities of airport personnel help to facilitate it. The environment is impacted daily by technological challenges and brings rapid change internationally to stay ahead in its game. These pressures have significant effects on the way airports do business not only from a financial perspective but also from an operational standpoint.
Airport operations demand the highest standards of safety, reliability, efficiency and comfort. Given a continuously growing demand for air traffic, a high concentration of movements and a limited place available to handle operations, it is required to implement optimized procedures and technologies and a close connection of all stakeholders. For instance: about 90,000 people employed and 140 airlines handled to ensure that up to 90 million passengers are being carried annually at Dubai International Airport in the United Arab Emirates.
Individuals who work within the sector are required to know the roles airports play in the economy in order to discover the various customers and partners which gain profitable to the industry.
The roles of each individual within the industry are essential to the business as is the set of principles that the sectors operate within.
This course highlights the fundamentals of the operations in the airport environment in order to provide key knowledge concepts to the respective learner.
This course is designed to help persons who are starting a career in airport operations positions or all other aviation personnel who want to get a broader introduction to airport operations.
Who this course is for:
- Preparation of future employees to the aviation sector.
- Career bridging to take on new roles or current personal who wishes to expand within their job responsibilities.
- Students currently studying aviation related courses and on the aviation career path.
- Cabin Crew, Customer Service or Ground Handling Agents new into the industry.
- Any person who wishes to expand their aviation knowledge of the operating fundamentals in the airport and airline environment.
Hey, I'm Shahed and welcome to my course. I am delighted to have you join this educational journey with me.
Let me tell you a little about myself. I am a Entrepreneur, Engineer, who is certified in Food Safety and I have just over a decade long working experience in the mechanical engineering, Fast Manufacturing Consumer Goods and Aviation Industries.
In the last decade, I have worked for some of the largest blue-chip companies in the world were engineering is the core basis in there operational outputs.
I have managed multiple teaching roles as a trainer in the classroom and online and love sharing my knowledge using latest technology.
I look forward to passing my knowledge onto you and welcome onboard...